New PSR 310/410

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaft

GRE will unveil two new scanners at Hamvention next month, the PSR-310 and PSR-410.

Discuss away...

From Email said:
GRE will be unveiling two new scanners at Dayton’s Hamvention this year. The PSR-310 and PSR-410 are based on their predecessors, the PSR-300 and PSR-400, and have been designed from end users feed back. You might be wondering what the new features are. Well, stop by GRE booth # 452-454 (Ballroom Arena) and check them out!

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I got the same e-mail, can't wait for Dayton now! Glad I just booked my room. Do we know anything about these models?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Do we know anything about these models?

This thread contains all publicly known information ;)

And knowing the history of RR posters, this is going to turn into a "wishlist" thread even though I have no doubt that the scanner is already set.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
How about a simple wish... those of us attending Dayton will be able to pick up GRE PSR 300s & 400s on the cheap as the new model will be on display?

RadioDaze

Wow - next post even ;)

Sorry, wrong format.

1. I wish they would release a digital version of the PSR-300
2. I wish they would release a digital version of the PSR-400
3. I wish they would release a cheaper, non-digital version of the PSR-500.

"In other news, GRE announced today that, at Hamvention 2012, they plan to unveil exciting new versions of the scanners that they will be unveiling at Hamvention in May, 2010. Sources close to GRE, speaking on condition of anonymity, reveal that the 2012 product line will include models not already marketed and sold by Radio Shack--unless RS announces them as part of their 2011-1/2 product line. The rivalry with Radio Shack has frustrated engineers within GRE Product Development, who often find the retail giant beating them to market with GRE's own products. Said one engineer, 'The only thing that makes me feel better is that you can't walk into a Shack these days and buy anything but a cell phone.' "

SquierStrat

"who often find the retail giant beating them to market with GRE's own products. Said one engineer,"

haha. the psr 500/600 came out like a year before the pro 106/197. the psr100 also came out way before its radio shack version. does anyone remember if the psr300/400 also came out before the pro164/163??

Eng74

The rivalry with Radio Shack has frustrated engineers within GRE Product Development, who often find the retail giant beating them to market with GRE's own products. Said one engineer, "

Must be a new guys who were not there for the first releases from GRE.

mikey60

The digital version of the PSR300/400 is the 500 and 600.

Actually they are quite different in how they work. The PSR-300/400 is pretty much a traditional bank scanner, where the PSR-500/600 is object oriented, using objects and scan lists, which are much more free form and efficient.

Mike

cpuerror

Actually they are quite different in how they work. The PSR-300/400 is pretty much a traditional bank scanner...
Mike

So 2 more obsolete scanners to come on the market. Let me guess, the big selling point is going to be weather alert or something. Maybe if they hired Upman they would have some scanners worth looking at instead of this or that iScan crud they come out with before.

Just saying it the way it is.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
So 2 more obsolete scanners to come on the market. Let me guess, the big selling point is going to be weather alert or something. Maybe if they hired Upman they would have some scanners worth looking at instead of this or that iScan crud they come out with before.

Just saying it the way it is.

And personally I think GRE scanners outperform Uniden in just about every area. If you don't think they are worth looking at why did you look at this thread? There are people out there that are all Uniden, some are all GRE, and some like them all (myself included even though I do believe that the GREs are better).

As was said earlier this will turn into a wish list...

My wish list for GRE is a new digital scanner. I would like to see removable flash memory, recording capability (more than one time I've caught something interesting and wished I could have just hit a record button) and keep the basic form of the 500/600. Really I could see them coming out with something similar in the future simply because there has been a lot of people wishing for those two features. It may be a few more years but I can see it happening. It isn't anything that is going to make the cost go through the roof and something that most would agree as doable.

Now my dream scanner... I won't go there because it will never be made. :lol:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
It would be "very interesting" if these new scanners were essentially the radio portion of the PSR-300/400 with the object oriented programming scheme that the PSR-500/600 uses. DonS must know something about the PSR-310/410 but can't tell us.

wb0wao

A bit of interprolation here - since the model numbers appear to be an enhanced version of of the existing 300/400 series of scanners....

a) They will most likely be analog only - no digital.
b) I agree that they may be OOP vs. channel/bank.
c) Possibly a SD card interface.
d) Incorporation of some of the features of the BCT-15X that currently are not supported by the 300/400
e) EDACS ESK tracking (non-ProVoice of course)

Methinks that it was designed to go head-to-head with the BCT-15X as to features, operating, etc.

Dennis

Status
Not open for further replies.