New PSR-500 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

lsh1885

Well I tried to download the DSP 1.4 and my scanner will not take it. It displays "No response or incorrect response from scanner".

eyes00only

After performing TEST in step 3 read step 5 of installer.

Where is the installer? I have never done an upgrade and really need help (please). Do I hook the cable to the scanner first, then go to the downloads in my documents? How do I get them to the scanner? Do I ignore the downloads and start over with the scanner hooked up, then go to GRE America? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I really don't want to hurt my $500 scanner that it took me over a year to save the money to buy.
Thanks in advance.

JK

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Where is the installer? I have never done an upgrade and really need help (please). Do I hook the cable to the scanner first, then go to the downloads in my documents? How do I get them to the scanner? Do I ignore the downloads and start over with the scanner hooked up, then go to GRE America? Sorry if I sound stupid, but I really don't want to hurt my $500 scanner that it took me over a year to save the money to buy.
Thanks in advance.

JK
For Denver get from GRE site of first post in this thread the zip file for DSP 1.4 then the CPU 1.8 which is the third 16 March zip file. Go NOT get the second zip which is for Canadian only scanners.
Read documentation inside each zip to determine what is required for your present scanner settings. IE, my boot version was less then 1.4 so had to choose one of two CPU installer accordingly.
Each installer (CPU & DSP) will provide step by step instructions on how to set scanner for installation. These instructions are within the dialog of the opened (running) installer.

Scanner settings are different for DSP and CPU.

eyes00only

Thanks Frank. I'm still confused as to how to move the files from my laptop to the scanner. When I get back home from lunch I'll read the Wiki link you provided. Also, I'm new to the zipping / unzipping stuff.

JK

scnnr

Thanks Frank. I'm still confused as to how to move the files from my laptop to the scanner. When I get back home from lunch I'll read the Wiki link you provided. Also, I'm new to the zipping / unzipping stuff.

JK

Go to the PSR-500/600 CPU Firmware 1.8 - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite and

Save that file if you are in the States and have the US version of a PSR-500 - 600
Save it to whatever folder you download / save files to
& open that folder & right click on the zip file
Choose extract here and the files should extract to the folder
Then you will see three files Two boot versions and a Adobe Acrobat document that explains the procedure to you.
hold your mouse curser over each of the two boot versions and it should tell you what version each one is for example
The first line on the first file will read CPUupdater_ PSR-500 / 600 - BootF0F11_U1.8
Do the same with the second file & you will see that it is for Boot version 1.4
To see which one you need to upload to your scanner you would Hold down the pgm Key on the scanner while turning it on . The display screen will tell you which boot version your scanner is. You then would use the file that is the same as on your scanner display to upload to the scanner.

eyes00only

Thanks scnnr !!!

I think I did it. I'm going to set up a V-Folder with all the known patch talkgroups and the CSP dispatch talkgroups that I understand patch a lot. I'll be a happy old man if I see 'patch' on the display.

JK

raisindot

NOTE: I've created a new separate topic for this situation, in case it happens to others, so please reply in that one, not this one. Thanks!

[See topic Heap Error with update]

Sorry for duplication.

Jeff

Last edited:

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Jeff,

Heap errors are usually associated with missing TSYS object memory.

Did you read this?

Upgrading your radio may result in the loss of any programming that you have
stored. We recommend that you save your work before proceeding with the
upgrade using the V-Scanner feature or a third party scanner programming
software application.

Troubleshooting
Most users should experience no trouble whatsoever upgrading their radios. However, if
you find that the upgrade process is not working for you, here are a few things you can
check:
• Ensure that the USB cable drivers are installed and that Windows™ recognizes
the cable and has assigned a COM port number.
• Ensure that the correct COM port is set in the upgrader.
• Ensure that no other applications are running that access the same COM port.
• Ensure that you are using the correct upgrader program for your radio’s Boot
Version.
• Repeat the upgrade process, making certain that the on-screen instructions of
the upgrader are followed exactly. In particular, note that the procedure for
upgrading the radio’s CPU firmware differs slightly from the procedure to upgrade
the radio’s DSP firmware.
If none of the above suggestions work, try running the upgrade utility on a different
computer. In some cases hidden applications can cause port conflicts. It is not always
possible to see these hidden applications and disable them to eliminate the conflict.

raisindot

Yep. Read all of it. Only thing I might have done wrong is doing the 1.8 upgrade before the 1.4, but both of these were fine.

Anyway, since I've created a new topic for my issue, I don't want to duplicate this here. Please post remarks to that topic. Thanks!

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
After updating my scanner with the latest firmware it now reads uP Appl ver:u1.8
DSP App Ver:1.4
DSP Voc Ver:F1.0

Is this all correct? Thanks for all replies.

jblake76

Premium Subscriber
Can I update or is it nessasary to update my bootware? If I can update where can I get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.