• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New Radio Reference Import Feature For Beta users of 1.40 firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
Unication Taiwan approved this message.

Here is the link to new beta PPS for users of Beta Firmware 1.40 ONLY.
It adds a great RR import feature.

G4/G5 for P25 Trunking Free Scan Beta Version PPS software download link: For 1.40 BETA users ONLY
Unication_Pager_PPS_Setup_V00-03-17_Beta09.zip

Last edited:

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
All i was told people with any issues need to run the log file utility and upload to their servers to look it.
Thanks.

It sure would be nice to get some feedback on Facebook from Unication Taiwan, possibly once a month, with a list of logged issues and the status of each.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
think it be ok to post here i myself like to see a list of issues with 1.40.
for me and now with this rr import is way way more than i ever thought they would do for us wanting some scanner features. I know some arent perfect multi site/system not the best but works.
Tg hold
Tg remove work.

Thanks.

It sure would be nice to get some feedback on Facebook from Unication Taiwan, possibly once a month, with a list of logged issues and the status of each.

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
think it be ok to post here i myself like to see a list of issues with 1.40.
for me and now with this rr import is way way more than i ever thought they would do for us wanting some scanner features. I know some arent perfect multi site/system not the best but works.
Tg hold
Tg remove work.
Attached is a list of issues that I have come across, and some suggestions that I have forwarded to Unication Taiwan via the log extraction utility.

Attachments

• Beta Testing Firmware V1.40-T02J.pdf
    110.2 KB · Views: 58

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
i have an idea for most all of these request we need a whole new model....
QUOTE="MonitoringDelCo, post: 3400298, member: 1244490"]
Attached is a list of issues that I have come across, and some suggestions that I have forwarded to Unication Taiwan via the log extraction utility.
[/QUOTE]

MonitoringDelCo

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe that one item on that list would require a hardware change.
Approximately seven issues worked in the previous firmware but now have issues.
Four issues were present in the previous firmware.
Eight items are merely suggestions for the PPS software to enhance the user experience and have nothing to do with the hardware.
One item is a suggestion for DMR that other receivers offer. If this can't be accomplished via a firmware modification, so be it. It is only a suggestion.

Which items do you believe will require a hardware change requiring a new model?

Thanks for your feedback.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Looks to be a really cool feature, but unfortunately every time I attempt to program my G5 it fails. I go back to Beta 07 and it programs just fine.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
Looks to be a really cool feature, but unfortunately every time I attempt to program my G5 it fails. I go back to Beta 07 and it programs just fine.
I have the same exact problem. I've tried everything I know to do on my end to no avail. It must be something with the program, although others seem to not have any issues. Very strange.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
I am so sorry i ever posted the pps links.
I tried it several times and have no issues with this beta pps.

I sure thought they would never release a pps with out more testing.

I asked and suggested for now take it down,however they dont seem to want to.

They say they just want photos of the error messages people are getting and they will fix it.

Again i am truely sorry that this beta pps is like this.

Jeff

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
I am so sorry i ever posted the pps links.
I tried it several times and have no issues with this beta pps.

I sure thought they would never release a pps with out more testing.

I asked and suggested for now take it down,however they dont seem to want to.

They say they just want photos of the error messages people are getting and they will fix it.

Again i am truely sorry that this beta pps is like this.

Jeff
It's not your fault and hopefully they get it figured out. At least we can resort back to the previous PPS without a problem. I do love the RR import feature so I hope they fix it soon.

KevinC

Super Moderator
I agree, don't apologize.

My error is very detailed, it says "Programming failed". :p

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
thanks only minor thing i dont like when i did the rr import it set every tg to alert tone.wow it is loud.
had to go into every tg and set default to none,
other than that import seem good.

thanks to you and kevin
It's not your fault and hopefully they get it figured out. At least we can resort back to the previous PPS without a problem. I do love the RR import feature so I hope they fix it soon.

dhmann1811

Premium Subscriber
thanks only minor thing i dont like when i did the rr import it set every tg to alert tone.wow it is loud.
had to go into every tg and set default to none,
other than that import seem good.

thanks to you and kevin
Are you programming a G4 or G5?

KevinC

Super Moderator
So I read my G5 and was able to turn around and program that right back in. Once I imported a trunked system I get programming failed.

KevinC

Super Moderator
More troubleshooting...

Removed the new zone created by the import, still failed.
Removed the system created by the import, still failed.
Removed all the imported TG's, still failed but I get the below message now...

1604800849167.png

Status
Not open for further replies.