New Radio Shack Pro-96 user

Status
Not open for further replies.

porschenut

I need someone to teach an old bat(73) like me how to install my local radio frequencies into my new PRO-96 Scanner, in as clear and easy terms as possible, as I am dyslexic and have a hard time reading long and involved texts.
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Porschenut

hoser147

First of check out Win96 software from Starsoft and get a premuim membership to Radio Reference so you can download directly from the Database. It will make programing your scanner alot easier.............Hoser

porschenut

Programming the RS Pro-96

I have tried Radioreference.
They have a frequency guide but referred me back to the owners manual. That does me no good!!!
I live in Baltimore, Maryland, Alabama.
By the way, FYI: The person that sold me the PRO-96 does not know how to use nor program the scanner. I checked with 4 other RS stores with the same results.
It is very odd that Radio Shack says, in their TV ads that the employees can answer all of your questions but, when you do, they look at you and shrug their shoulders. It does not give one much faith in the company!
Sincerely,
Porschenut

n2mdk

Last edited:

GrayJeep

Premium Subscriber
Radio Shack

porschenut said:
I I checked with 4 other RS stores with the same results.
It is very odd that Radio Shack says, in their TV ads that the employees can answer all of your questions but, when you do, they look at you and shrug their shoulders. It does not give one much faith in the company!
Sincerely,
Porschenut

Are you new to our country?

Or just new to shopping at Radio Shack?

(sorry.... I couldn't resist)

The Pro-96 is a complex piece of electronics. To make it go you'll either have to find someone locally who can load it for you or you'll have to invest a lot of time reading, studying, and trying things on it.
You should post your request in the State forums where you need help with programming the specific systems.
See MARYLAND FORUM: http://www.radioreference.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14

Last edited:

N1BHH

porschenut said:
By the way, FYI: The person that sold me the PRO-96 does not know how to use nor program the scanner. I checked with 4 other RS stores with the same results.
Sincerely,
Porschenut

Most salespeople at Radio Shack are just there to sell and nearly all know nothing except cell phones and games and stuff. They are not a scanner store, they have a large catalogue of products and they can't teach every salesperson about everything they sell. The motto of Radio Shack should actually be "You've got questions, we give you blank stares!"

You will find few, and I mean very few, that know most of the products in the store. Always go to their website before going in to buy something and get part numbers. They can look it up on the computer and find it, otherwise they don't know squat about most of what they have in store.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
porschenut said:
I need someone to teach an old bat(73) like me how to install my local radio frequencies into my new PRO-96 Scanner, in as clear and easy terms as possible, as I am dyslexic and have a hard time reading long and involved texts.
Your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Sincerely,
Porschenut
Hey ya o bat, under the signiture of this 71 year old kid find a link to a programming shortcut for the Pro-96.

Status
Not open for further replies.