New radio shack scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
Looks awful similar to the pro-106. What is different in this new model?

-SF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are not news, a number of discussions going on about them in this very forum. They look similar because they are the same thing, just built by Whistler instead of GRE.

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
If you use psr edit 500 and get one be sure to update the software that will then support the whistler, radio shack versions

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Ok I looked, now what?
Simmer down, I was just pointing out something that I came across. I wont buy either one myself, I have a plie of rat shack scanners, its a long list the newer ones are 95,96,97,2051,163,164 then the gre's 500,600,800 then the unidens HP1,436,536 I was just pointing something out that I had not seen yet and they are not in the wiki yet.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I was just pointing something out that I had not seen yet and they are not in the wiki yet.

The Whistler models are, but not yet as the RS models

Whistler Scanners - The RadioReference Wiki

I'm fairly certain many of the new RadioShack and Whistler scanners and their wiki pages will eventually be turned into redirects (or the appropriate GRE/RadioShack pages will be moved/renamed) once someone actually picks one up and verifies that the changes are cosmetic in nature.

methusaleh

I am tempted to pick up the new 106 clone just to play with and see if there are any improvements that I perceive.

Does anyone know if I can clone my 106 to the 651?

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
I am tempted to pick up the new 106 clone just to play with and see if there are any improvements that I perceive.

Does anyone know if I can clone my 106 to the 651?

The user manual released for the Pro-651 (on the RadioShack website) says that cloning is cross compatible with all the GRE scanners including the PSR-500, PSR-600, Pro-106, Pro-197, and Pro-652.

minasha

Hi,
Does anyone know if the Pro-651 has encrypt mute feature on p25 encrypted transmissions?
It was the biggest failure of the pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.