New radio system for monroe co

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
-- Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS), an international communications and information technology company, has announced an agreement with Monroe County, New York, to collaborate on the testing and development of new public safety communications technologies, including the Harris Unity XG-100, the new multiband, multimode radio that provides full-spectrum communications interoperability to public safety and government agencies.
http://tinyurl.com/ydfus6l

N

N_Jay

Sounds more like a test of some products then a "New System"

stevez97

Premium Subscriber
Monroe County Going Digital

It is my understanding all of Monroe Co. Law Enforcement is going digital as of December 20, 2009. They have Motorola XTS2500 for the last few months while the digital sites were built out. Reportedly they are going to "flip the switch" on the 20th.

Us Monroe County folks may be out buying digital scanners soon. :)

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
It is my understanding all of Monroe Co. Law Enforcement is going digital as of December 20, 2009. They have Motorola XTS2500 for the last few months while the digital sites were built out. Reportedly they are going to "flip the switch" on the 20th.

Us Monroe County folks may be out buying digital scanners soon. :)

As of Monday morning, 12/21/09, Monroe County is still operating on good old analog.

"Stay tuned" for further updates... :)

D

DaveNF2G

I had been advised that the Kingdom of Greece was going to be the first to switch.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
I had been advised that the Kingdom of Greece was going to be the first to switch.

Still analog as of the last traffic stop. Gates, too.

Glad I live in Ontario County now. My trusty RS Pro-71 and RS Pro-2014 are still 100% useful out here. And they'll still be good when we move to Fulton County in April.

D

DaveNF2G

Depends on where you move to in Fulton County. The northern part is past the Adirondack foothills and is a radio black hole. No cell, spotty GPS, too.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Depends on where you move to in Fulton County. The northern part is past the Adirondack foothills and is a radio black hole. No cell, spotty GPS, too.

We'll be in Northville, just inside the Blue Line. GPS is OK in that area, but I haven't taken the scanner up there yet. Terrain is pretty level from Northville south so we'll just have to see.

We'll be two blocks from the fire house and one block from the ambulance base. I am planning on putting an antenna on the roof of the 2 1/2 story house we're moving into so reception should be decent, at least for stuff within our own districts.

I won't know about police (primarily the Fulton Co. Sheriff) until I get there, either.

Once I get settled in, bug me and I'll think about putting up a live scanner-online.

The Spiderman sends.

d_strong

I heard some brief P25 activity last night on 460.400Mhz and 460.500Mhz someone from the radio center testing the channel's in the clear. I haven't heard any other P25 activity since last night. Does anyone know when this switch over is suppose to happen.

D

DaveNF2G

Northville isn't too bad. I get some info submitted to my website from someone in that area.

I can hear FCSO but not fire dispatch from Waterford.

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
Northville isn't too bad. I get some info submitted to my website from someone in that area.

I can hear FCSO but not fire dispatch from Waterford.

I just pulled together a pretty comprehensive list of PS freqs for Fulton County. Used NF2G and a couple of your competitors sites, too. Nothing complex there, and not likely to be for years to come unless the state suddenly strikes oil. They may have to move to narrow-band by FCC push but that's not a big deal for scanner listeners.

If fire dispatch is weak in Waterford, they may have some directional propogation that gets the signal up north better than to the east and west and particularly south. I figure if a pager can hear it, then a scanner with a roof-top house antenna can hear it.

Happy Holidays.

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Premium Subscriber
A little birdie told me that RPD is switching to digital on Sunday January 10th.

Probably correct. I have pulled up behind enough police and sheriff's cars in the past few weeks to know that they ALL have new radios in them. There's a very distinctive little antenna on every car that didn't used to be there.

And, I know the dispatchers have been training on the new control units for the radios on their end. Have to get in there and see what it all looks like some day real soon.

Just a matter of flipping over, agency by agency in the days ahead.

Spiderman sends.

Nightjock

Database Update?

I ordered my BCD396XT today.

I wonder how long till the database here can be updated.

I'll definitely be looking to program my new baby asap.

D

DaveNF2G

The frequencies should remain the same. What we will need is the NAC information after they go digital.

If you have a Uniden digital scanner, then on January 10 you should change the Mode to FM (no PL or DPL) for all of the Monroe County police channels. If your scanner is a GRE, then change the Mode to AU. This will enable the scanners to demodulate the P25 transmissions.

Both RR.com and NF2G.com will appreciate any input regarding the new NACs.

Nightjock

RPD is gone too...

Looks like I'll be spending the day finding some new freqs to program into my trusty (and as of today, obsolete...ok...even MORE obsolete) Bearcat 210XLT. Yep, that's what I've been using.

Nothing but digital noise on most of my presets now. All I'm grabbing is Victor PD and Eastview Mall security.

Gee, how will I fill all 40 presets on my ancient Uniden? (Hah!) Thanks to DaveNF2G, I have a few ideas. Dave, feel free to share the drive through freqs for Dunkin Donuts, Tim Horton's, or Wendy's!

Good thing my BCD396XT comes tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.