New Radio System

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkEnder47

Hello All, I have a question about a new radio system my county is going to be launching soon. I live in Polk County (GA) and by the beginning of 2021, they will be joining a regional radio system, Cobb County Regional Radio System. As I have noticed, not many people on the forums/DB monitor Polk County. So, I was just curious how I go about finding sites/frequencies for the new system, and how to find the talkgroups. I feel like I may be one of the only people inserting things into the Database, So I was curious as to what the Primary control channels are, and what the alternate control channels are, also, if the system is expected to be launched/in use by the first day of 2021, when should I prepare to put the frequencies into my scanner? Thank you!
I did learn this system is going to have 4 antenna locations, simulcast, and be P25 Phase II.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
I agree with @Whiskey3JMC you'd be better off moving this to the Georgia forum. That said, you have me a little confused as you are looking for frequencies, but tell us what system they will be moving to. Are they adding new towers or using existing ones?

The Cobb County Regional Radio System is already in the database, what you will need to look for is new talkgroups. If they are adding new towers for your area, I'm sure they've already been licensed and probably built. Look at the FCC license/licensee FRN and check for newly licensed towers in your area and the frequencies will be on the license, you'll just have to monitor them. Try using Pro96Com or DSD+ for the site information and control channels/alt control channels. Also, check licenses for Polk County to see if this will be a separate system on the Cobb towers, and if a license has been issued for new freqs or modifications to existing licenses.

As for timing, again, you know the system, add it now and start listening to see what you can hear.

Good Luck, but request this thread be moved to the Georgia forum .

DarkEnder47

Thank you so much for the help. I am pretty sure they are building/built two new towers, and making upgrades to two other ones. I will search some websites, and just mess around to see if I find anything on it. I am requesting it to be moved.

Status
Not open for further replies.