New Radios for Businesses: 1.88 & 1.92 GHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Article from the January 19, 2010 edition of QSR Magazine online has information about a new communications headset for retail and fast food stores.
Full article can be found here: Headset Designed for Team Use in Retail Released - Restaurant News - QSR Magazine

..."QD Retail uses DECT technology on the 1.88 & 1.92 GHz band, approved for use in over 150 countries, including all of Europe/Middle East, North America, South America, and most of Asia. This system allows direct, instant, and interference-free communication and operates license-free. The QD Retail headset also features intelligent battery management, a private paging channel, and interfacing with Ethernet and other hard-wired networks."...

Maybe I am a little behind the technology, but what exactly is DECT technology? I have seen it advertised on cordless phones, but never looked into it. Also, is there anything else in those bands currently?

SCPD

QRT
I just now noticed your Burger Chef avatar... My God that brings back memories. I used to work at two different locations in Lincoln, NE years (about 100 or so) ago. Thanks for the smile and memories.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Josh: Thanks for making that clear, I had a feeling DECT would be un-listenable (I tried to read that Wikipedia link, but just was too tired).

@DAK48: I hope the moron at Hardee's who decided to turn all Burger Chefs into Hardees in the early 80s suffers from eternal bankruptcy. Why in the world would you destroy a fast food restaurant that came within 100 stores from overtaking Mc Donald's in locations in the 1970s is beyond me. The company that ran the Chef prior to the fire sale to Hardee's were no geniuses, but the food spoke for itself. To make things worse, Hardee's STILL did not learn their lesson. They ruined Roy Rogers in the early 1990s. Hardee's thought it would be a good idea to turn all Roys into Hardees, since they had no stores from PA/NJ up to Maine. Customers revolted, Hardee's changed all Roy Rogers back, but they already ruined the brand. After that fiasco, Hardee's sold all the Roy Rogers at a fire sale to Wendy's, Mc Donald's, or Boston Market. Talk about incompetence! Maybe the CEO's of Hardee's during that time got jobs with GM or Chrysler?

dracer777

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

How are they advertising these? "now only YOU know what your employees are saying about the customer!" or "now you don't have to worry about customers listening to your employees being total -insert dergatory term here-"? :D

SCPD

QRT
Josh: Thanks for making that clear, I had a feeling DECT would be un-listenable (I tried to read that Wikipedia link, but just was too tired).

@DAK48: I hope the moron at Hardee's who decided to turn all Burger Chefs into Hardees in the early 80s suffers from eternal bankruptcy. Why in the world would you destroy a fast food restaurant that came within 100 stores from overtaking Mc Donald's in locations in the 1970s is beyond me. The company that ran the Chef prior to the fire sale to Hardee's were no geniuses, but the food spoke for itself. To make things worse, Hardee's STILL did not learn their lesson. They ruined Roy Rogers in the early 1990s. Hardee's thought it would be a good idea to turn all Roys into Hardees, since they had no stores from PA/NJ up to Maine. Customers revolted, Hardee's changed all Roy Rogers back, but they already ruined the brand. After that fiasco, Hardee's sold all the Roy Rogers at a fire sale to Wendy's, Mc Donald's, or Boston Market. Talk about incompetence! Maybe the CEO's of Hardee's during that time got jobs with GM or Chrysler?

Some time back, I stumbled across a web site that was dedicated to Burger Chef. I so remember taking the chain broiler apart at night and stuffing it in the lye buckets and swapping chains. Those were the days. As I recall, that was my first fast food job and I love it. I could work any position in the store and was on track to become the youngest manager in our city.

It is indeed sad what happened to Burger Chef and Jeff. Hardee's to this day, is one fast food joint that I refuse to be a customer of, solely because of what they did to BC.

I know return this thread to its previous topic.

Happy scanning.

Status
Not open for further replies.