New RCMP system for the Maritimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
I dont mean to go off topic from Ontario. However, in the Maritimes there is a new radio system being developed that will cover all 3 maritime provinces. RCMP for the 3 provinces will be on this system. It will be a P25 Digital system (possibly encrypted also) and it will be a 700MHz system.

Just thought i'd share. :)

ObiHann

I dont mean to go off topic from Ontario. However, in the Maritimes there is a new radio system being developed that will cover all 3 maritime provinces. RCMP for the 3 provinces will be on this system. It will be a P25 Digital system (possibly encrypted also) and it will be a 700MHz system.

Just thought i'd share. :)

The Digital/encryption is just a rumor. There are already a few heated threads regarding this and nobody has shown any proof whatsoever. The links that were shared never even used the word digital or encrypted.

steve75

Hey everyone, new to this site and not sure if this has been covered, but I was watching the CBC news for NB about a month ago and the story was regarding the new radio system for the maritimes. Near the end of the story the reporter said that if you were a person with a scanner, your ambulance chasing days are over as the new system would not be heard by scanners.
Anyone know if this is true? I've been contemplating getting a new scanner as I figure the Saint John, NB area will be going digital with this new system or soon after. I don't want to spend the money if it isn't going to work. Are we on the verge of losing are listening capabilities??

darrylcn

Somebody probably told the news that digital can't be heard on scanners, that or it was one of the police officers who think their radios cannot be scanned hopefully anyway. I watched a TV show the other day that mentioned F-16s. They used video of first an F-15 and then a MiG-25 to show the F-16 they were talking about. Take things on TV said by people who don't know what they're talking about with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.