NEW Reedy Creek Improvement District License

Status
Not open for further replies.

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator

Above is a compare / contrast on what they currently have (right column) and what the new license adds (left column) --- my guess would be that as the system is built out - the old *.2625's will be ported over to the new system - but "as licensed" there are only three new freqs on the new license. Note that I've never heard traffic on 855.2125 - at least not from my QTH.

doug

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Wouldn't it be unusual to build out a system using frequencies from two separate licenses? I thought that normal procedure would be to license ALL intended frequencies under the new license, as the old frequencies will likely be slowly integrated into the new system as it builds out.

MegaHertz315

Premium Subscriber
Its possible 855.2125 could be used as simplex/talkaround channel for the system. Even though the frequency may show trunked, I've seen in other systems before some channels end up dedicated towards talkaround. Just a thought.

Thanks for the heads up on the New license.

Andrew

From years of listening, I think, but I don't know for sure, that 855.2125 is some kind of data channel. I've never heard voice on it, but it shows up as part of the channel plan in Unitrunker.

Andrew

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
the band is open a bit to the west this morning and the Reedy Creek WDW (287) system is booming in - it's about 50ish miles from my QTH, so I don't hear it all that well on most days. Anyway, it's early (6am here) and I thought I would take a quick listen. Some of the channels that are reporting don't seem to be part of the (new) license... most interesting. You can see the BSI mentioned above on 855.2125 in the DSD+ logs. Also, it doesn't seem they have switched anything over to P25p2 (yet). Based on the post above, it seems that some of the freqs licensed under WRHV930 are being used on the WPTU288 system - not unexpected.

1606302432696.png

1606303918635.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.