NEW Riverside County Sheriff - California

Status
Not open for further replies.

conve36

Have my Uniden online for anyone to listen to. Click link below and it is listed on the main page.

http://www.scancalifornia.net/index.php

Monitors Riverside County Sheriff's Southwest System (EDACS)

Covers Lake Elsinore and Perris.

Talk-groups unlocked:

Ch1 - Lake Elsinore Dispatch

Ch2 - Lake Elsinore/Perris Car-Car

Ch3 - Perris Dispatch

Ch4 - Lake Elsinore/Perris Car-Car

Sometimes I will have Temecula talk-groups unlocked also.

Last edited:

E-Man

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I work in that area occasionally, thanks and sounds good.

Livewire3286

hey thanks - Ill try to listen in. Ive thought about applying for dispatcher in that area. would be nice to listen to first.

Thanks

conve36

Listening to your feed now. Outstanding audio. Thank you for having it online for us to enjoy.

My pleasure! I was amazed how clear the audio actually is! And also I have my scanner monitoring only Lake Elsinore and Perris dispatch talk-groups as well as their car-car talk-groups. Not like other online Riverside County Sheriff feeds, with my scanner you can actually keep track of a conversation rather than picking up bits and pieces here and there.

Remember, I sometimes monitor Canyon Lake Security. So if you hear something/someone out of the ordinary it's probably them. They use call signs such as Tom, Paul and William.

lbpd719

Sounds Great! What cables/scanner are you using (oh, and sounds like your cell phone is near) =)

What is the "tink" at the end of each tx?

conve36

I am using a Uniden BC246T with the original "rubby duck" antenna. Set-up with a normal male-male stereo jack cable that goes from the headphone port of the scanner to the line-in port of my desktop computer.

I have my scanner's volume set to about 1/4. My line-in volume on my computer is set to right about the middle. It seems to workout great this way! Also works with the same settings on my laptop.

And yeah sometimes my phone is near, but also sometimes I think it may be the actual deputy/unit on a cell phone or very close by. Usually I have no cell phone around and when traffic comes through on the scanner you will hear that ticking pretty bad, but only when there is traffic from a certain unit. Not a big deal luckily as it happens rarely.

In reference to that "tink", I have no idea to what it actually is but it is obviously the radios ending their current transmission. It happens at the end of every transmission. Sometimes you will hear nothing then a "tink". The dispatcher will come on and tell that unit to re-advise because they did not come through, so maybe it has something to do with that.

lbpd719

Sounds Great and you have done a great job with it - I am envious of your audio quality. I have been having bad luck with some of the locally available cables. Picked up a couple of chokes today to try to get rid of the hum on one scanner.

Very sharp job and thanks - Your's and the Palmdale/Lancaster feed are my favorites (god how I miss living in southern California). Used to live at the very peak of Highway 23 between Moorpark and Fillmore. Could literally see right down into LA from up there. Was the best monitoring house I ever had..

conve36

Sounds Great and you have done a great job with it - I am envious of your audio quality. I have been having bad luck with some of the locally available cables. Picked up a couple of chokes today to try to get rid of the hum on one scanner.

Very sharp job and thanks - Your's and the Palmdale/Lancaster feed are my favorites (god how I miss living in southern California). Used to live at the very peak of Highway 23 between Moorpark and Fillmore. Could literally see right down into LA from up there. Was the best monitoring house I ever had..

Wow, that for sure sounds like a great place for monitoring.

I havnt been into this whole "scanning" hobby very long. Maybe 6 months now. I have been trying since then to understand the Riverside County Sheriff's EDACS system (networked). I finally got it right and very happy with the results. Almost every incident I hear I know exactly where it is and is never more than 15 minute drive from me.

Would you recommend a scanner feed that is more exciting than others? I pretty much only listen to my scanner feed right now.

lbpd719

depends on what you are into - I personally prefer the shoutcast style feeds to the teamspeak ones. I will PM you soon with some of mine so the thread doesn't get too far out of whack.

Great job on your stream/site though..

Status
Not open for further replies.