New Rochester Fire Department Station Alerting System

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfp237

WHEC TV station recently reported that Rochester City Council approved a $2.5 million project for a new Rochester Fire Department “station alerting system” and that mobile and portable radio equipment will be replaced. Does anyone know what this will mean for scanning?

k2hz

Database Admin
The "mobile and portable radio equipment" probably means they will go ahead and join the Monroe/Ontario P25 trunked system. They have been reluctant to do so. It may also mean the present digital signaling alerts before voice dispatch on 154.130 will be replaced when they move off of VHF.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
I'm not in NY. One county I use to live at in FL and they went to P25 trunk system and got rid of station FTO and now each station has its own alert from Disp. The alert can turn off stoves if your cooking and turn on lights (if your sleeping at night) and opens the door(s). Not sure if that will happen there. I figure I throw that out there.

k2hz

Database Admin
Although the TV story is lacking in details, I think this is the RFD getting funding to go with the countywide plan for enhanced alerting as part of a CAD system upgrade that is part of the plan for Monroe County Fire to shift from VHF to the TRS that is a work in progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.