New RS Digital Handheld?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Does any one know if RS is planning to offer a new digital handheld, perhaps like the GRE 500?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
No. It's possible they may resell the PSR500, but no new scanner is coming.

kb8rvp

New Digital Scanner at RS

I went to the Dayton Hamvention this year with a friend that works at RS and he asked the guys at the GRE booth the same question. They said RS has been one of the biggest customers of GRE and that it is possible that they may sell the PSR-500 at the stores but "possible" was all that they would say at that time.

beischel

Remember, RS has pretty much turned into a cell phone company and pretty much abandoned the rest of the electronics market. They just don't care much about anything except cell phones. A friend of mine worked for them during a port in a storm period of his life when that was the only job he could find. He said RS makes so much money off the carrier when they sign up a new user they really don't have an interest in much else.

I would suggest that you just buy your scanners somewhere else. I have two GREs and they are readily available from other vendors and stay out of RS stores.

martymartin

Not enough choices, lots of high prices...

I just wish that more companies would come out with digital scanners. As it is there is very little choice and the prices have come down little over the last few years. $ 500.00 is a lot of money to spend on a radio especially in these hard economic times. JMHO> Thanks...

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Think RS PRO-102 sometime in the Fall/winter.

DVSI gets a nice chunk of change in licensing fees for every device that has IMBE and I seriously doubt they are going to be generous in lowering that fee anytime soon. Scanners with P25 digital are going to stay around the $500 price point for awhile.

SCPD

QRT
Think RS PRO-102 sometime in the Fall/winter.

Just where do you get your info may I ask??:)

kevins669

Database Admin
I think the PSR-500 and 600 will be sold soon online.

RS branded units coming 4th quarter.... I do not remember both SKUs, but one of them is 20-197.

-- Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.