NEW: RS Digital Scanner..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill_White

While checking the status of another radio on the FCC web site...
I decided to check on RS and see if anything new has popped up...
Sure enough.. A new digital scanner.
Approved on 7/25/2008
Manufactured by GRE
FCC ID: ADV0801

gregmoss

Great findings! Thats a good looking RS digital scanner, it's similar to the PSR500. Can't wait, hopefully they hit the shelves soon:) Thanks RS and GRE i needed a scanner fix......

n2mdk

Very nice find indeed, on a fast cursory look over the user manual looks like a re-cased PSR-500.

StinkyB

I looked through the manual, looks like a PSR-500 clone, the case is slightly different.

Mickel1138

Nerd Debonair
Database Admin
I was thinking the same thing, it's slightly changed PSR-500.

I wrote about it here: http://blog.big-dutch.com/?p=146
Sorry, nothing new, very quick and dirty. But it the an image and links the the FCC file. I was late again, and not on the ball :(

I really think i've seen a similar looking RS scanner before on the FCC

Mickel

RadMarv

Premium Subscriber
Here's the image

Very similar in looks to the GRE PSR-500

Label brands it as a PRO-106 CAT NO: 20-106

Attachments

• NewRSscannrer1.jpg
    NewRSscannrer1.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,060
  • NewRSscannrer2.jpg
    NewRSscannrer2.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 707
  • NewRSscannrer3.jpg
    NewRSscannrer3.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 621
  • NewRSscannrer4.jpg
    NewRSscannrer4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 617
  • NewRSscannrer5.jpg
    NewRSscannrer5.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The Pro-197 should be right around the corner, a.k.a. PSR-600.

Besides looks, these new PRO radios should be exactly the same as the PSR-500/600. ETA for the Pro-106 is the end of October, and the PRO-197 should hit shelves about 2 weeks after.

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Now I can't wait for X-mas... was wondering when RS was gonna release a new one. Good find.

Statevillian

I own the GRE500 and it is an awesome scanner. Very sensitive. I wonder if Radio Shack will offer all the updates via the GRE America website the same way they do the GRE500. We are already on firmware version 1.5. They just keep adding more and more to a great scanner. It would be cool if that happened for the Radio Shack version too. They have already had some pretty cool tweaks and add ons to the 500. GRE really stole the show...in my opinion....with this scanner. My ONLY complaint is...my keypad numbers are wearing off from all the use. The keys are not fantastic like the Pro96 keys are/were.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Now I can't wait for X-mas... was wondering when RS was gonna release a new one. Good find.

Why are you waiting? You can buy it from a non-RS dealer today (actually for quite a while now :) )

xpawel15x

Nice! It is the PSR-500 just RadioShacked so it can be sold at RS. It's a PSR-500 that's easier to get! Just go to your local RS store. But unfortunately I don't need it. Pro-96 is a rebandable digital trunking scanner that works for me! :cool:

Statevillian

Nice! It is the PSR-500 just RadioShacked so it can be sold at RS. It's a PSR-500 that's easier to get! Just go to your local RS store. But unfortunately I don't need it. Pro-96 is a rebandable digital trunking scanner that works for me! :cool:

It's extremely easy NOW....I got mine when they first came out from Scannermaster and I had mine within a couple days. Me thinks, me feels, that the Radio Shack version will cost more than the GRE500 does.

If you ask me, the GRE one looks much better.

brandon

Database Admin
Now if the case was all BLACK instead of GREY... that would have been cool.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Sure, it's a rebadged PSR-500 but this means we could finally see a closeout price affixed to a PRO-96. Despite the fact that they seem to fall apart just by looking at them, I'd pick up a PRO-96 in a New York minute if I saw the price below $300 new. Who cares about the NEW digital, this might be a good chance for folks to get an older digital scanner on the cheap WITH a new scanner warranty.

Very interesting news indeed. Thanks for posting.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.