New RS Pro 106 user needs HELP please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

docbike

Hi Guys,

I am new to scanning and just got a RS Pro 106 that I could certainly use some help setting up. I live in Warren County Bowling Green and would really like some help setting my scanner up. Someone told me that it might be possible to clone someones or perhaps have someone local program it for me. Anyone that might be interested in doing this out there??? I am very interested in learning how to program and take care of this myself and would love to perhaps talk and learn. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Clint Kronenberger
270-843-1917 Home Phone

chrizby

Warren County
Warren County, Kentucky (KY) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

pro106 wiki
Pro-106 - The RadioReference Wiki

Bowling Green-Warren County Public Safety
Bowling Green-Warren County Public Safety Trunking System, Bowling Green, Kentucky - Scanner Frequencies

Trunking
Trunking Basics - The RadioReference Wiki

PL DPL NAC Tones
http://forums.radioreference.com/project-25-technologies/13637-nac-tones.html
(not the best, but its a start)

Pro106 Scannermaster info
RadioShack PRO-106 Police Scanner Radio

More Pro 106 info
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/170488-pro-106-programming-help-needed.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/171353-pro-106-v-scanner.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/171168-pro-106-help.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/128793-pro-106-programming-please-help.html

V-scanner file from GRE (same radio as pro106)
PSR-500/600 V-Scanner Database F1.3 - Powered By Kayako SupportSuite
The info in the V-scanner folders were pretty useless for me so I just use the space to store
my working configuration as a backup. Only one folder can be used at a time, only the frequencies
in your working memory will be usable.

Heap Error
http://forums.radioreference.com/radio-shack-scanners/134668-heap-error.html
http://forums.radioreference.com/gre-scanners/145334-heap-error.html

Pro106 Manual, firmware upgrade, etc (look under Product Support)
PRO-106 39,000-Channel Digital Handheld Scanner - RadioShack.com

I am in Louisville so I cannot help so much with your local stuff, but the info listed above should help you if
you have a question. This site is a great resource. I was in your shoes a litte over a year ago and felt completely lost, but over time with the help of this site and the people here I developed a pretty good feel for the 106 and scanning in general. Soon enough you will be collecting frequencies like you would collect baseball cards.

It helps also to tell us what your interests are (police,air,trains,whatever), so the info can be more specific to your needs.
As a suggestion, before getting too attached to your setup, I would practice reinitializing the scanner. This procedure
is necessary on occasion when something has gone so wrong that the scanner does not work(heap error for example).

Remember that when someone says Read The Manual, they really are just trying to help, even though it may not sound like it.

Enjoy the scanner. It's great and it will do whatever you want. Eventually.......

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
Hello Clint,

Have you looked at the WIN500 software? You can find it at
Win500: PSR-500, PSR-600, PRO-106, PRO-197 Scanner Software for Data Management, Monitoring, and Control
You can download it and try it for free for 30 days (I thnk).
All you need is the programming cable from RS. Then you will be able to import the frequencies from the rr.com database or type in the frequencies you want to listen to. It is a very simple process.

Hi Guys,

I am new to scanning and just got a RS Pro 106 that I could certainly use some help setting up. I live in Warren County Bowling Green and would really like some help setting my scanner up. Someone told me that it might be possible to clone someones or perhaps have someone local program it for me. Anyone that might be interested in doing this out there??? I am very interested in learning how to program and take care of this myself and would love to perhaps talk and learn. Thanks in advance for any and all help.

Clint Kronenberger
270-843-1917 Home Phone

Last edited:

docbike

Hi Trashman43,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, easy for you to say its simple! :) Is there any scanning software available for MAC yet??? I can use a laptop to upload programing. I do have a windows laptop so that should not be a problem. How user friendly is the Win500 program and would it be possible for you to give me a step by step on how to get started downloading the software onto the scanner? Thanks

Clint

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
WIN500 is very easy. I suggest you download it and try to "Import" from the rr.com database what you want to listen to. It really is no trouble at all. I can walk you throught it or email me a list of what you want in your file and I will fix one for you.

Hi Trashman43,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, easy for you to say its simple! :) Is there any scanning software available for MAC yet??? I can use a laptop to upload programing. I do have a windows laptop so that should not be a problem. How user friendly is the Win500 program and would it be possible for you to give me a step by step on how to get started downloading the software onto the scanner? Thanks

Clint

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Hi Trashman43,

Clint
Excellent link for Win500. WIN500 - UtahRadio

docbike

Hi Guys,

You asked me what I wanted so here goes. All the warren county public service ( I got that via direct download from the RR database from Win500) and the State Police for the area here. Is there anything that I am missing and perhaps should be scanning in this area also?? Many thanks

Clint

270-843-1917

chrizby

Kentucky State Police Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

453.72500 KCS433 RM 285 NAC KSP03B-2 Bowling Green-Warren County Transmitter

453.15000 KCS433 RM 284 NAC KSP03A-2 Bowling Green-WarrenCounty Transmitter

"This system is APCO-25 Compliant, but NOT trunked.

Two "Channels" are referenced during communications:
Channel B is the Primarily Dispatch channel - designated as: KSP 08B-2...
Channel A is the Alternate (or non-TAC talkaround) Channel - designated as: KSP 08A-2."

Start there.
CONV P25 Auto
They can sound like they are underwater or in a barrel.

Status
Not open for further replies.