New RWC Site - Tonopah

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I didnt hear any voice activity on either the RWC or Maricopa County sites this afternoon. The control channels were active.

I didn't find any other new control channels.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

I'm out at the Burnt Well rest area again. The control channel is up, but no clear voice activity to be heard this morning. (8-8:35am.)

So far I've only heard the radio techs on TG 1594 once back on April 7th.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

No apparent clear voice activity this morning on the RWC Burnt Mtn site.

I also have not heard any activity on Phoenix FD's VHF-High A-1 dispatch channel. Handhelds may not have good coverage at the westbound Burnt Well rest area. I'm not using a mobile antenna.

Edit: the eastbound rest area also doesn't seem to have handheld reception of the VHF-High A-1. Ive been sitting here a bit and haven't heard any dispatches. Of course, I can't compare A-1 to K-1 since there's no activity on the Burnt Mtn site, and no apparent reception from Simulcast J, either.

John
Peoria

Last edited:

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
No apparent clear voice activity this morning on the RWC Burnt Mtn site.

I also have not heard any activity on Phoenix FD's VHF-High A-1 dispatch channel. Handhelds may not have good coverage at the westbound Burnt Well rest area. I'm not using a mobile antenna.

Edit: the eastbound rest area also doesn't seem to have handheld reception of the VHF-High A-1. Ive been sitting here a bit and haven't heard any dispatches. Of course, I can't compare A-1 to K-1 since there's no activity on the Burnt Mtn site, and no apparent reception from Simulcast J, either.

you would think you would either White Tanks or South Mtn there......

KB7MIB

Phoenix FD K-1 is now active on the Burnt Mtn site. So far, no other K-decks, or any other RWC TG's have popped up. (Radio techs on TG 1594 has been active on one of my previous visits.)

I'm not receiving A-1 with my handheld scanners and no rooftop antenna, but I am receiving A-13. (E371 and R371 are on a call.)

Nothing so far on the Maricopa County site here, and MCSO is supposed to be on the same call with Harquahala Valley FD, responding from aways.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Driving around in the Harquahala Valley area, I could receive MCSO off the Maricopa County White Tanks site.

I could get Phoenix FD K-2 off the RWC White Tanks site. (I didn't notice Peoria PD or Surprise PD until I was back on the Sun Valley Parkway in Buckeye.)

I also got Phoenix FD A-1 off of (I assume) South Mtn on a dispatch or two.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Saturday the 21st, there was no detected activity on either the RWC or Maricopa County sites on Burnt Mtn.

A month ago, PFDRDC K-1 was active on the RWC site.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.