New Sacramento Fire Station

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
Sacramento’s newest Fire Station at the intersection of El Centro Road and Arena Blvd.

City of Sacramento Fire Department

April 09, 2010
For Immediate Release
Incident No. Randi Kay Stephens
Phone: 916-267-5710
rstephens@cityofsacramento.org
Date/Time of Occurrence:April 09, 2010 - 9:00 A.M.
Type of Incident:Announcement
Ground Breaking Ceremony for New Sacramento Fire Station
Sacramento- please join Sacramento Fire Chief Ray Jones, Congresswoman Doris Matsui, Mayor Kevin Johnson, Councilmen Ray Tretheway, Steve Cohn, and Robbie Waters and Interim City Manager Gus Vina as they break ground on Sacramento’s newest Fire Station at the intersection of El Centro Road and Arena Blvd. this Friday, April 9, 2010 at 9:00 A.M. Fire Station #43 will serve the West Natomas area as well as the entire City of Sacramento.

City Council District:District 1: Councilmember Ray Tretheway

clanusb

This station is only being built because the residents in that area have been paying a special tax for the last few years. It will be a new station. The SFD has no option but to build it, reguardless of the economic issues right now. They cant use the tax money for anything else, their arms are tied behind their back. It will be staffed full time, im sure with the occasional brown outs. However, i do not know what pieces of apparatus are going there besides an engine and grass. Probably a truck and a medic aswell. However that is just my guess.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
I have not been over that way in a while but I think with the moratorium on building in Natomas and the fire department budget problems they may have slowed the progress on that station.

jt1331

Opening in aug/sept

Station 43 is nearly complete.
Sac City Fire is waiting for the fire academy class to graduate before they staff the station.
It is now set to open in late August/Early September.
It was supposed to have an Engine & Truck, but because of budget cuts, the Truck has been eliminated.

scannerboy02

Premium Subscriber
For Immediate Release

Date/Time of Occurrence: September 17, 2011 - 1100

Type of Incident: Announcement

Fire Station 43 Grand Opening

SACRAMENTO –The Sacramento Fire Department is celebrating Sacramento’s newest fire station, West Natomas Fire Station #43, with a grand opening ceremony scheduled for Saturday, September 17, 2011. The ceremony will begin at 11:00am and will be followed by tours of the fire station until 1:00pm. Sacramento Fire Department personnel will be on hand during the event to answer questions and provide information about the new facility, emergency response equipment, and fire safety. For more information about this event, please contact Michelle Basurto at 916-808-1357.

Status
Not open for further replies.