New SaiaNet Rochester TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

k2hz

Database Admin
I discovered 2 new TGs on SaiaNet Rochester.

510101 appears to be Town of Pittsford DPW, I am going to attempt to verify before I submit.

510301 is apparently college shuttle buses. I was hearing addresses that seemed to be U of R but today got definite RIT locations. They seem to run several routes and I see First Transit serves both campuses. Odd thing with this TG is the audio is very loud and distorted. Dispatcher is loud and mostly readable but raspy sounding. Buses are very loud and distorted, some almost unreadable. Sounds like mic audio overdriving the CODEC. Very unusual, all other TGs on the site sound fine and never heard bad audio like this on any SaiaNet site before. Also listening some more to verify I should call it First Transit before I submit.

BTFire21

What are the radio ID's for the overdriven TG? I wonder if they all show as the same that it is an analog patch.

k2hz

Database Admin
What are the radio ID's for the overdriven TG? I wonder if they all show as the same that it is an analog patch.
I was not paying much attention to the RIDs but I saw more than 1 and they were consistent with the TG so doubt it was a patch. Also, I don't see what other system they could have been operating on that would be patched to Saia. I wonder if they use something other than standard mics, like bluetooth headsets, that are mismatched to the radios.

Just listening now and Dispatcher is RID 5103033 and bus IDs heard were 5103016 and 5103021.

Last edited:

BTFire21

The audio levels are perplexing thats for sure. I know there are a bunch of First Student TG's over here that are on the system and they sound fine.

k2hz

Database Admin
This is First Transit, not First Student, although they are affiliated companies it is different types of buses. In any event, as I said, never heard any other SaiaNet user sound like this. I have seen motorcoaches used for charter service that have a PA system and driver wears a headset. I suspect that may be the case here that the radio is tied in to the bus audio system and not the standard mic.

From what I am hearing they are operating from the Colfax St terminal in Rochester that is also one of the First Student school bus terminals. When the First Transit dispatcher is talking, you can audio from another radio blaring in the background that sounds like First Student. First Student is on the Flower City LTR system.

Status
Not open for further replies.