New Santa Barbara County System Coming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPD1

Wonder if this has anything to do with the increasing water intrusions from the south.

W6KRU

I think that is a reference to the pangas that show up on the beaches loaded with illegals and/or drugs. I have spent a bit of time on the water and the idea of making a trip from Mexico to points as far north as the channel islands in a panga is amazing.

DPD1

Yeah, this has started being a real problem, and they've been making some pretty big efforts to stop it the last few years... Much of which has been a little on the 'keep it quiet' side. I think they don't want people to know the problem is as bad as it is. That and they obviously don't want to give away their tactics. I also think they don't want the; 'Marshall law is coming' crowd to start freaking out over the increasing amount of mil involvement in the efforts. But when this article said: Homeland Security, that was the first thing I thought of. Just had a few boats come up onto Malibu a few weeks back. Amazing as it sounds, the government seems to have been caught off guard by the rapid increase with these, mostly due to improved efforts on the land border. More than illegals, I think they worry about who else might be mixed in with the illegals and dope guys. If they can get in, obviously anybody can. What's more amazing, is that these guys are running straight through one of the most busy military water ranges on earth, to get this far.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.