new scanner advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

mouse2146

I want to upgrade to a digital trunking scanner, I have an older Radio Shack Pro95 model now.

I like the GRE PSR800 and the Uniden HomePatrol scanners. I would like to be able to take the scanner with me when I travel. Will either one of these automatically start receiving frequencies as I travel down teh highway or will I have to program lists in for my routes?

Thanks for the help and advice in advance!

jetspeed

Premium Subscriber
New scanner

I don"t know anything about the PSR800 , but the Home Patrol can be connected t a GPS and will then automatically change frequencies for the area your traveling in or through. It works very well , almost seemlessly. It does pause occasionally (not very often and not very noticable) to change data bases for the region your in. i use mine on the road all the time and I'm extremely impressed with its performance...

I want to upgrade to a digital trunking scanner, I have an older Radio Shack Pro95 model now.

I like the GRE PSR800 and the Uniden HomePatrol scanners. I would like to be able to take the scanner with me when I travel. Will either one of these automatically start receiving frequencies as I travel down teh highway or will I have to program lists in for my routes?

Thanks for the help and advice in advance!
You can read about it here.

PSR-800 - The RadioReference Wiki

HomePatrol-1 - The RadioReference Wiki

Both are good and from what I have read the 800 is fairly easy to program.

The HP-1 you can just put a zipcode in and it will bring the different agencies in the area that are available to listen to.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Premium Subscriber
I didn't know the PSR-800 had GPS capability. I though this was exclusive to the newer model Unidens.

Status
Not open for further replies.