New Scanner age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach1Joe

Greetings, Recently we had the local police swap over to a new digital radio system. Our old analog scanners no longer pick them up. I am curently looking for a new digital scanner that would wlrk for me. All that I have read on them, they require what seems to be extensive programing. While I have been a listener for over 30 years and have sought out and found the needed frequencies, I am somewhat confused and holding back on this new *bump*, in so much as this radio change over is new, and most all the scanners refer to RadioReference for programming.

If I am to buy one of these scanners that use RR for programming, is the latest and greatest frequency changes (newest digital) there for me and my scanner?

KC4RAF

Davenport,Fl.- home to me and the gators and the s
See the following thread for the

GRE PSR800; you'll probably like it for ease of programming. Just become a paid subscriber and you can download all the freqs you need, (as long as none have gone encryptioned). I've got the PRO-107, same as the GRE700, and it is EASY to get it up and running.

Gator596

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR Joe!
No matter which (GRE or Uniden) scanner you buy, you will find help on these forums to get you going. You have already shown enough computer savvy to find, register and post on here, so clearly you are well on your way! The learning curve can be steep, but it has many rewards.
Welcome to the age of digital scanning!

Mach1Joe

Thank you for your input and support back to me. I guess my main question and concern, is to subscribe to RR and having the new digital frequencies (just changed about 3 weeks ago) availible. I know they are not encrypted at this point. We had a big local news story on the change over and what to expect.

Truthfully you don't need a subscription to rr. The software from GRE or Uniden auto updates from RR for free.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk

thomast77

If you are talking about Great Falls PD? I see 3 P25 digital frequencies listed as active since 2006 and 2008. These would be very easy to program. If however they have switched to the Statewide system. It would require a bit more programming. There is a site listed for Cascade county, But I don't see any talkgroups listed for Cascade County.

Status
Not open for further replies.