new scanner and nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

algarri

i just received my new preprogramed uniden bcd325p2 ..turned it on and nothing coming thru...silence..what im i doing wrong?

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
i just received my new preprogramed uniden bcd325p2 ..turned it on and nothing coming thru...silence..what im i doing wrong?

Not saying where you are located, the question is, are you in an area where there is two way radio systems? We are not mind readers. We do require more information such as what systems you are close to and want to monitor. Are you trying to monitor CB, Ham, Fire, EMS, Police, businesses, Aircraft, etc.. Please help us help you!

xxdanielt3

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RR! Did you by chance program any frequencies in? The term "scanner" can be confusing to new people. There is a way to scan and listen to near by frequencies but you will have much better luck programming frequencies in to listen to specific chatter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

algarri

ok excuse the ignorance ..i purchased a scanner from scanner masters to listen to police ems fire ect...it is on the marcs system..i paid more for it because i know nothing about this and a friend purchased one and was very happy and lives in the same area so i know i should get something...I;ve heard a quick word or two but came across so fast couldnt tell who it was ...it keeps saying..clinton ( the county i live in .ohio ) marcs...scanning id...

algarri

u i purchased a custom programmed scanner from scanner masters ..i live in clinton county ohio...was recommended by a friend who has one and lives in area so i know i should be able to hear something...keeps scrolling id scan

algarri

update...its working but i have to set in a window ...its garbled..would a stronger antenna work and can anyone recommend one...

Status
Not open for further replies.