New Scanner for Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

epiroska

I am getting back into scanners after being away from them for quite some time. I just ordered a new Radio Shack PRO-163 scanner which is currently in transit. I'm wondering if this is a good choice for my area, Mansfield, OH. I understand that I won't be able to listen to OSP or other state agencies because it is not digital. I was looking for something a little more advanced than an old PRO-2018 that I have but sparing the expense of a digital scanner for right now. What do others use in Ohio?

mdulrich

Feed Provider
I have a RS Pro-2096, a Uniden 396T (used for my feed which is almost all MARCS talkgroups), and a 396XT. I am very pleased with the Unidens and prefer them over the RS/GRE scanners. I am also running software to monitor the Lima MARCS site (TRUNK88) and see instances where the 2096 doesn't catch some of the MARCS traffic.

Mike

Sportster77

Premium Subscriber
I have a RS PRO 2040 in my work truck programmed for eastern Cuyahoga county suburbs. A RS PRO 2096 for use @home and in my truck programed for Lake and Geauga County trunks and some of the Eastern Cuyahoga. Then I have a Uniden BC235XLT handheld filled with a little of everything, PD,Fire ,Cleveland Clinic, and racing freq's.

Status
Not open for further replies.