New Scanner Forum- Need Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

I am making this thread in order to get the message of my new board deticated to talking about police scanners out. I currently only have about 8 members, and there's only 2 posts on the board right now. I found this website because I can see that lots of people are on here. I'd really like to make my board something. I'm not saying only post on my board and not this one, I'd just like more smart people on there so my board can be active. The link is www.policescanners.calvinet.com. Feel free to post anything you'd like on my board. I thank you for your attention.

Yours truly,
Joe

Last edited:

Joseph11

When trying to view any forum, I get this:

Code:
General Error

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 11

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts p2, phpbb_users u2 WHERE t.forum_id = 10 AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id AND t.topic_type <> 2 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0,

Line : 327
File : viewforum.php

Joseph11 said:
When trying to view any forum, I get this:

Code:
General Error

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 11

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts p2, phpbb_users u2 WHERE t.forum_id = 10 AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id AND t.topic_type <> 2 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0,

Line : 327
File : viewforum.php

Yes, I can see that. I will contact my web runner, CalviNet as soon as I can. I thank everyone for signing in, and will have the forums fixed and will have them fixed up ASAP.

mciupa

Database Admin
Your link seems to be up now. Good luck with your site.
Only 70,000 more to catch up to RR.com :lol:

mciupa said:
Your link seems to be up now. Good luck with your site.
Only 70,000 more to catch up to RR.com :lol:

Thanks. I've got alota work to do if I wanna catch up with RR. The forums will be tuned up in no time.

SLWilson

Why?

Why re-invent the wheel when we already have RR to read over. Here we're not limited to "just" police scanning!!!!
Steve :confused:

SLWilson said:
Why re-invent the wheel when we already have RR to read over. Here we're not limited to "just" police scanning!!!!
Steve :confused:

Why re-invent the wheel when we already have Microsoft to crash our computers?

RR.com is very, very good. But that doesn't mean it has to be the only option. If you don't want to go to any other sites, you don't have to go to them, and I'm cool with that. But that you really like RR.com doesn't mean that others shouldn't have options to go to other sites.

:)

Napalm

Premium Subscriber
It's the same with shooting - so many forums, so little time to read them all. I hope this guy does well, but to come here with the sole purpose of pimping his own forum...

Napalm said:
It's the same with shooting - so many forums, so little time to read them all. I hope this guy does well, but to come here with the sole purpose of pimping his own forum...

I am not "pimping" my forums. There was no way to get the word out. I can't get my site on Google, nor can I afford to advertise. This is the only way I can get some members on my board.

Regarding all the comments about the technical difficulties, I will get them fix whenever I can. I can't fix them myself, only the person running my site (CalviNet) can fix them. I sent him an e-mail about it earlier.

Napalm said:

I reckon it'd've been different if a third-party poster made the post, then... or if it had been one of many posts advertising group meetings (which are real-life, real-time versions of... internet forums).. it'd be okay.

To say that his purpose is only to "pimp his own forum..." is speculative at best.

Like for both of us RR.com is a free service, so far this new forum is but another free service (at least so far). Instead of hi-jacking the thread by giving the guy a hard time, why not appreciate that someone is donating their time and energy to create another information pipeline related to the hobby, even if you don't care to visit it or be part of it?

Joe... good luck with your site. :)

n4voxgill

Silent Key
we don't need your stie, we have all we need here. If you want to start a competing site then pay the money to get top billing when someone gooogles scanners. But it is not ethical to go one one site to steal people for another site.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
2112 said:
I reckon it'd've been different if a third-party poster made the post, then... or if it had been one of many posts advertising group meetings (which are real-life, real-time versions of... internet forums).. it'd be okay.

To say that his purpose is only to "pimp his own forum..." is speculative at best.

Like for both of us RR.com is a free service, so far this new forum is but another free service (at least so far). Instead of hi-jacking the thread by giving the guy a hard time, why not appreciate that someone is donating their time and energy to create another information pipeline related to the hobby, even if you don't care to visit it or be part of it?

Joe... good luck with your site. :)
Bravo Joe!! Both RR and Google were childern just a few short years ago.

KC0UHS

n4voxgill said:
we don't need your stie, we have all we need here. If you want to start a competing site then pay the money to get top billing when someone gooogles scanners. But it is not ethical to go one one site to steal people for another site.

man, why do people have to be such jerks. give the guy a break, and let's just all get along.........

Status
Not open for further replies.