New Scanner Forum- Need Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

car2back

n4voxgill said:
we don't need your stie, we have all we need here. If you want to start a competing site then pay the money to get top billing when someone gooogles scanners. But it is not ethical to go one one site to steal people for another site.

hmmm, you post doesn't seem very ethical, IMHO. :roll:

I thank those who are for my site. And for those who are against my actions, well, think what you want, but I did put lots of time to make this site up. I have all that space there so y'all are able to chat however you want to. And as for those who think I am advertising, I am simply telling people about my site. I just need some members to log onto my board. It's not like my very small board will take over RR. Again, thank you to those who are for my actions, and for those who aren't, peace and God bless. I wish the best to all y'all.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
PoliceScannerForums,

RadioReference.com started one day many moons ago as a small site called the "Southeast US Trunked Radio Information Homepage" - which eventually migrated to trunkedradio.net, which made it's way to radioreference.com.

Ironically, the forums were just kinda thrown in around the time of trunkedradio.net I believe (If I can remember that far back)

PoliceScannerForumsSon, Good luck with your site... keep your chin up, all things start somewhere.

Lb

blantonl said:
PoliceScannerForums,

RadioReference.com started one day many moons ago as a small site called the "Southeast US Trunked Radio Information Homepage" - which eventually migrated to trunkedradio.net, which made it's way to radioreference.com.

Ironically, the forums were just kinda thrown in around the time of trunkedradio.net I believe (If I can remember that far back)

PoliceScannerForumsSon, Good luck with your site... keep your chin up, all things start somewhere.

Lb

That was really supportive. I thank you very much for that comment. I'm quite sure my site will go as high as your wonderful site as already been. This is just the first step in starting the board up. Right now it's down, and my webmaster is in the process of switching forum programs from phpBB to yaBB. Again, thank you very much for that comment, and I hope all is well for you sir/ma'am. God Bless.

P.S.: The board will be up in the next couple of days. I will keep you guys posted.

Last edited:
As of now, the site is totally shut down, and those who signed in, will have to sign in again once the site is back up. I apologise for any inconveniences, and hope that this does not cause anyone not to have the desire to sign in again. It should be back up by tomorrow.

policeMonitor

Ok, first of all, this is Calvin, of CalviNet. We've been having some problems with the phpBB board, so we are upgrading to YaBB. We appologise if this is any inconvenience to you, we're trying. I'm tired, and I'm having to HTML this page, and then install YaBB (The CHMODing is a pain in the you know what. If you work with Linux servers you will know what CHMODing is). So I'm trying, and when the board is back up, this page will be gone.

Thank you for your paitence
Calvin
www.calvinet.com

from that site

n4voxgill said:
we don't need your stie, we have all we need here. If you want to start a competing site then pay the money to get top billing when someone gooogles scanners. But it is not ethical to go one one site to steal people for another site.

You say "we", but I don't know who you mean, because you certainly don't speak for me. I am not part of your closed-minded group.

Nobody's stealing anyone. Do you think that RR.com is the only site/forum I visit in regards to scanning? I heard about RR.com on another forum. Was the person that posted about it "stealing" other people from that site?

What about this similar situation: a ham puts up a repeater, then goes on other repeaters to advise everyone that it's there. Is that wrong? Please, by all means, enlighten me.

Ok, my site is back up now. Feel free to discuss anything you'd like. I just hope that all these arguments didn't cause anyone not to sign in. I just told everyone about my board, and arguments just had to start up, and that's a shame. I had no idea that that was going to happen. Anyway, yeah feel free to post anything you'd like.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hi Joe and all,

"man, why do people have to be such jerks. give the guy a break, and let's just all get along"

Yeah, really. You guys sure beat the crap out of Joseph11 a while ago totally overlooking the fact he's 13 years old (maybe 14 now) and still wet behind the ears. If you took the time to check out his site http://www.eastcoastscanning.com/ you'd see that although it's not the most popular it sure has some useful info you'll not find even here on RR. Thanks Joseph and thank your co-host for the great stuff I have programmed into my scanner.

Joe, I saw it's a bare bones operation for now at least and obviously needs a few additions. I suggest you format more or less the way most are done or you'll soon find the slots overloaded, you need to make them more specific and add more of them. Once you have a more comprehensive setup I'm sure the site will grow albiet slowly. It takes time for them to catch on, just don't expect it'll ever grow into a monster. Even Jim Fordyce as popular as his site was never had the growth this one experiences, it's very unusual in this respect. Good luck and good scanning, I'll check back when you have it worked out and you have something to grab my interest. Yup, I have it bookmarked.

I do notice that RRs forums are more specific, and you're right, it'll take time. I will do my best to make sure that my site deserves to be on a ham radio operators bookmarks..

SCPD

QRT
Take it down a notch!

n4voxgill said:

Who says he's stealing, just offering options!

Wow, remind me not to spread the word on anything that veers from the mainstream in here...

SCPD

QRT
PoliceScannerForums said:
I'm kinda not following your post.....

What I'm saying is I don't think this is robbing Peter to pay Paul, taking members from RR, just another choice in the scanning realm.

I guess Lindsay summed it up best.

hemi

KC0UHS said:
man, why do people have to be such jerks. give the guy a break, and let's just all get along.........
good point man.I don't think the guy is trying to steal members.I get the same b.s. because i tryed to start a yahoo group. Well, its a free society we live in, if you choose not not join, then don't but we should'nt jump on people for trying top do something that someone just might enjoy or get usefull info from. Good luck with your site and lets not be so negative.

DickH

PoliceScannerForums said:
Greetings,

I am making this thread in order to get the message of my new board deticated to talking about police scanners out. ... The link is www.policescanners.calvinet.com.

You might turn a lot of people off with that title. I never monitor the cops - strictly fire.
Besides, what will your site do that this one doesn't?

DickH said:
You might turn a lot of people off with that title. I never monitor the cops - strictly fire.
Besides, what will your site do that this one doesn't?

Well, aren't scanners normally known as "police scanners"? Just because the name is different than what you think it should be, doesn't mean that will restrict you from posting. Don't judge a book by its cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.