New Scanner - good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLWilson

Link

landonjensen said:
the link didnt work on my computer
Didn't work for me either. Just goes to the RS main page & wants me to "Log In' as a user.....Steve :confused:

scnnr

DickH said:
Some good news for the Portland/Vancouver area. Radio Shack
has a new scanner that will be compatible with the re-banding
that is now in progress in Oregon. And it is reasonably priced.

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=family

What is this a teaser? :evil: I wish when people make post's like this they would give a little more better information and links to said statements.

Is this new scanner a trunk tracker?
Is it a digital scanner?
Will it scan the newer 700 MHz band?

Or are you referring to the Uniden Scanners that are on this web page and if so please don't make it sound like it will be a Radio Shack *(GRE) Scanner. Your post makes us assume that is what you are referring to.

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032072&cp=2032052

Thanks

Randy

Last edited:

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Just for the record, even though it's in Oregon, the Radio Shack store on N Lombard has or still has a pretty decent store manager or owner who is a ham (lots of antennas on the roof) and seems pretty up on the trunking situation when I was there 2 yrs ago.

DickH

red8 said:
It isn't digital nor does it pick up 700Mhz

What do you expect for $169.99? And, since 700MHz and digital are not used in our area, your comment is irrelevant.

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Well the fact is that digital is in use, in this area most if not all is encrypted and i believe that Washington State patrol is looking at moving to 700mhz at some point in time. I myself have a pro-96 and can pick up digital stuff, but like i said it is all encrypted.

DICKH I have seen more then one of your posts and I believe that there is no reason to be so short with people.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
State Patrol was only designated as the statewide coordination for 700 thus far

I have heard that DNR DOT and WSP are going to merge radio shops soon

I read a 2003 report available by google (ing) that the DOT and WSP were discussing a joint system but can't remember which band they talked about (possibly) using, it could have been 700

DickH

lowboy654 said:
Well the fact is that digital is in use, in this area most if not all is encrypted and i believe that Washington State patrol is looking at moving to 700mhz at some point in time. I myself have a pro-96 and can pick up digital stuff, but like i said it is all encrypted.

I didn't realize you were in the Portland/Vancouver area. I will certainly defer to your technical expertise about Public Safety communications in the future. Thank you for all the information.

foppas21

go to Radioshack.com, and in the search bar, punch in this catalog number: 55021682

Pretty nice Scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.