New scanner help needed in CA

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim615

I have been using a Uniden BC 235xlt trunk tracker for years. Lately while using the live feed for system one in San Bernardino, I realized I was now only hearing part of the action. I bought the scannerstuff So Cal edition and reprogramed several times. I called scannermaster and bought a BC 346 xt with SB county installed.

I am completly lost after a week of frustration with the manual that comes with the scanner.

I would like to know if there is anyone in the hesperia area that would help me or is there a simple scanner I can buy that is similar in operation to my old one. The computer programming is out of reach for my brain.

This is my first time posting on a forum so please go easy on me.

Eng74

In Hesperia you will need to use the SBCo Mountain or the Victorville system. Send me a PM and I can get you through it.

jim615

Hi, thanks for the offer. I didn't have any luck sending a pm so I 'll try this.

I have made a little progress with my wifes help, she was home today, lucky me. She used FreeScan and this database to load San Bernardino system 1 thru 8 for me. Now while monitoring the live scan by scannerface for this area the scanner only picks up part of what the live feed provides. It could be that the live feed is scanning both trunked and convential at the same time. My old scanner would not do the same but the new one will if I can find and load the conventional frequencies that scannerface is using. I tried to pm scannerface and it said the I was not authorized. Not sure what that means.
I am making headway but any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Eng74

It depends on which system you are monitoring. Some times you will not hear what is going on "down the Hill" but the live feed is being provided by soneone who is "down the Hill". Just click on my name and it should let you send a PM

Status
Not open for further replies.