New scanner help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

I made a few topics in the new section of the forum and have gotten alot of useful info,but im still lost.Im runing a bcd396t scanner and looks like i dont have the scanner set to scan a trunked ferequency.I hav the freq in the scanner under "conventional" but im not picking anything up.Any help is appreciated.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's not enough information here to diagnose the issue. My first guess would be a missing quick key, but that could be way off. Are you using any software to do the programming? Which package? Or are you doing this by hand? What system are you trying to program?

One way to get help quickly is to dump the contents of the scanner using the UASD or FreeScan, zip (compress) it and attach it to the message. Others can then download the file and see what's up. The UASD is usable by most all of the better programs as an imported file (usually the file has a .usd extension). Do you have a connection to your PC (maybe via USB since that's common on PCs these days)?

73 Mike

mjbjr

Im glad to upload it,but i dont know how to get the file.Im using UASD to back up the scanner files. As far as programming,i did it manually,but if there is a prgram thatll do it for me and have it right,im all for it.Thanks for your willing ness to help,i do appreciate it.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
The UASD will program it, but FreeScan (which is freeware) is far and away better. And FreeScan will use your .usd files as input, so there's no worries about lost data. The user manual is here (note that anything in blue is a link)

73 Mik

mjbjr

I have free scan and have it up and running.I assume i hit export and thats the whole scanner file or just that specific group(like mpd,or bcs,or etc etc)

EDIT>>>>> Ok i have it uploaded.Its an excel sheet,put into a zip file,i hope this helps

Attachments

• BCD396T 16-12-2009 20-59.996.zip
    929 bytes · Views: 8
Last edited:

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I have free scan and have it up and running.I assume i hit export and thats the whole scanner file or just that specific group(like mpd,or bcs,or etc etc)

EDIT>>>>> Ok i have it uploaded.Its an excel sheet,put into a zip file,i hope this helps

Cool..I will be glad to take a look :)
Give us just a little while to digest what you have and
we will let ya know.
Happy Monitoring (and Happy Holidays!)
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I am working with this gentleman via PM/Email on helping him get a Freescan file that will work for his area. :)
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.