New Scanner in the area (North East Corner of Oakland County) Leonard Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

WRippetoe

Premium Subscriber
Hello all. I have a question for you all. I have purchased a Uniden BCD996XT. I have set up three conventional systems, 1. Oakland County, 2. Lapeer County, and 3. Macomb County. Under each conventional systems, I have created a group called municipalities. Oakland county is good, Lapeer county is good but Macomb county is not. I have the following under Macomb, Bruce TWP Fire, (423.20000) which works and I can hear Bruce fire respond on calls. I can not hear Washington TWP Fire department. (423.10000). Step is set to Auto, and Mod is set to NFM.

I have the following antenna: Tram 1410 Broad Band Discone/Scanner Base Antenna. mounted outside. I am in the area of 32 and Rochester Rd. I feel that I should be able to Hear Washington...

Any help would be appreciated.

freqs

Yes you should be able to receive Washington Twp .One thing to remember is the Macomb county freqs you have are a patch to MPSCS .
and the Oakland county freqs are a patch to Open sky that system no Scanner can pick up .

WRippetoe

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply.
Yes you should be able to receive Washington Twp .One thing to remember is the Macomb county freqs you have are a patch to MPSCS .
and the Oakland county freqs are a patch to Open sky that system no Scanner can pick up .
Thanks for you reply. I am Captain on the Addison Township Fire Department in Oakland county. For the departments around us we still have to use the pagers to notify the departments of a call. I am wondering if Washington still has a VHF system for paging? Thoughts?

freqs

The most ive heard in the last year is Bruce Twp on 423.200 Washington Twp 423.100 Utica on 154.1300 but these are a patch to MPSCS. Centerline only does a test on 154.1300.

Status
Not open for further replies.