New Scanner Needed for Massachusetts Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

top13

Premium Subscriber
Top13,
Here is a Home Patrol 1 local file not sure if it work for you.
Thanks, It looks like the whole database.
I don't see any town stuff like Canton or Brockton.
If I could create groups that would be nice.
I would like to add frequencies myself.

Appreciate your help :)

top13

Premium Subscriber
Is ARC 536 better than Sentinel? I am working on building my favorites.
I hope I can scan multiple favorites at a time.

StoliRaz

🇺🇲
Premium Subscriber
I love my 325P2!

The downside is the 2 battery design.

I run mine on external power.

It performs well here in CT against my other scanners.
I run my 436hp off a Ravpower 20,000Mah battery pack I got off ebay for $16. It lasts for days. As long as you're not mobile it's the way to go. The price fluctuates between 16-22 bucks if you watch it. Does QC 3.0 and USB-C power to/from as well. It's a good deal.

gordon115

I have 325P2 and like it a lot. The 436 is deaf (poor sensitivity) compared to 325P2, in side by side comparison with identical antennas the 325P2 hears a lot that the 436 doesn't especially on analog systems which the 436 is particularly deaf on. I use 325P2 on simulcast P25 systems with good results, sometimes have to move the radio a bit if I get some P25 interference, moving the radio a bit clears the problem 99% of the time. I've also listened to 436's owned by others which appear to be similarly deaf or lacking good sensitivity.

W1KNE

Owner ScanNewEngland
Database Admin
I have to politely disagree with this one. The 536 I have blows the 996XT out of the water when it comes to sensitivity. It's not even close. The only thing I've found the 996XT better on than the 536 was low-band. The Low Band performance was dismal, but I can say, having owned all of them, the 996P2, XT, SDS and x36 series, I like the x36 the best of any of them. The features are no comparison too. The x36 gives you replay, instant tone /talkgroup read out. You can program in DMR conventionally. The memory management system is better.

It's getting to be instead of Ford vs Chevy for scanners, it's become Fore Explorer vs Ford F150... haha.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I have a SDS100, 536HP, and 325P2 all running off the same antenna via an splitter. The SDS and 536HP hear much better than the 325P2. The 325P2 is good for what I want, but I wouldn't used it or a 996P2 as my primary scanner.

I use the 325P2 to listen to my town FD, PD, and DPW as well as surrounding cities and towns. It's good for that, or good enough for that sort of thing. It's portable, which is the biggest plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.