New Scanner/New to Lincoln

Status
Not open for further replies.

AltaMedic

Greetings,

I just moved to Lincoln and purchased a Uniden BCD396XT handheld scanner. After 15 years as a firefighter/paramedic, I now have a regular desk job and would like to keep snooping the airwaves. I can not figure out this scanner and was wondering if anyone in the area could help me program it and to help me figure out the GPS antenna that came with it.

You can email me at brdmeyer@hotmail.com.

Thank you,

Brad

AltaMedic

Yeah, tried that...unfortunately I have a Mac...may just have to install Windows on the Mac and try it. Thanks..

N0UJT

Greetings,

I just moved to Lincoln and purchased a Uniden BCD396XT handheld scanner. After 15 years as a firefighter/paramedic, I now have a regular desk job and would like to keep snooping the airwaves. I can not figure out this scanner and was wondering if anyone in the area could help me program it and to help me figure out the GPS antenna that came with it.

You can email me at brdmeyer@hotmail.com.

Thank you,

Brad

Used to live in Lincoln, I'm in Omaha now, or else I'd try. In any event, if you can't find someone, you can always hook up with the Lincoln Amateur Radio Club and I'm sure they have several people who would be happy to help out. Their website is k0kkv.net. Unfortunately, they just had a meeting last night I believe. I'm a member but don't make it to many meetings.

krd400

Yeah, tried that...unfortunately I have a Mac...may just have to install Windows on the Mac and try it. Thanks..

I live in Gretna, NE and listen to Lincoln's EDACS system once in awhile on my BCD996XT....especially on game day. If you get windows installed on your MAC I'd be happy to e-mail you a copy of the file I have Lincoln's police and fire programmed into on Freescan. If installing windows is not doable then maybe sending you screen shots of Freescan and how I have it programmed might help you. You might also take a look at Mark's Scanner web page: Mark's Scanners to learn all about the BCD396XT. Let me know.

Wow don't know why I didn't get a notification for this thread starting.

I can program it for ya. I am by Gate way mall off of O st.

AltaMedic

Is King Mobile Audio the name of your business? What are your hours? Feel free to send me contact info to brdmeyer@hotmail.com. I'm not real sure where anything is in Lincoln, but could probably look for your business in the mall area. Am originally from NW Iowa.

Status
Not open for further replies.