New scanner not working in Alberta

Status
Not open for further replies.

claytonvill

I have a scanner and I can not get the codes they have at this time. I am going to upgrade. Are there any other frequencies they are using at this time besides 155.820, or are they all upgraded?

Like, it was working one day and silent the next. I get like one little word still. Is there any update if the went to the AFRRCS or if my scanner was broken?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I have a scanner and I can not get the codes they have at this time. I am going to upgrade. Are there any other frequencies they are using at this time besides 155.820, or are they all upgraded?

Like, it was working one day and silent the next. I get like one little word still. Is there any update if the went to the AFRRCS or if my scanner was broken?

What scanner are you using?

Likely the RCMP have transitioned to AFRRCS, and they are 100% encrypted. You will NOT be able to listen to the RCMP at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
In another thread OP is in Canada and asking about same frequency in South Carolina not working bcd436hp

He is in Hinton, Alberta about 3 hours west of where I am. Many emergency services are in the process of transitioning to our province wide P25 network. The frequency he was asking about is a part of the PACS analogue VHF system that the RCMP use in Alberta. Additionally the RCMP are one of those agencies in transition to AFRRCS and unfortunately when they switch, they are using strapped AES256 talk groups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
If it is Hinton RCMP we are talking about you may want to try 2752 on AFRCCS. You would need to have a scanner that will receive P25 digital Phase 1. But yes it will be encrypted. I am hearing quite a bit of RCMP activity in the clear on other users groups even in the High Level area which I believe is still on PACS as they still use the PACS call signs. If something big happens in your area the RCMP can be heard in the clear on Mutual channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.