New scanner user Pro-106 Burlington County NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparent

Hey guy, I'm new to scanners and have been lurking on here for a little while. I'm setting up my Pro-106 as we speak. I was able to set up my main lists and everything is working great so far. My main question is, since I have a portable, is it ok for me to add all of the sites in Burlington County? Currently I have the 3 closest sites (towers) but is there anything wrong with me just putting all 10? In case I'm driving around in the other zones.

Thanks!

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
If you use the software and subscribe to Radio Reference as a premium subscriber you can download the systems automatically with the control channels so when you drive around the scanner will pick up the active freqs.

I use win500 which has a free 30 day trial. It is worth looking at.

jparent

3 months later and I still have kind of the same question. I currently have 24 channels on my radio for Burlington County. 10 are primary control channels and 14 are alternate. I'm using win 500 and just selected every tower in Burlington county.

Will I gain anything by only selecting 3 towers or by only putting the primary channels in red and not the alternate channels?

Burlington County site
Burlington County Trunking System, Burlington, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies

w2xq

Mentor
I just select all Burlco sites and be done with it. Occasionally there is a bit of municipal traffic on the old PD conventional frequencies, and certainly the county highway department gives one a nice heads-up on where to stay away from. When I'm out running errands and have the -106 with me, as soon as I get away from the signal-sucking pitch pines, I hear the world.

Living in the woods, I also keep the state's DEP frequencies in the scanner. For jollies, since I live directly under McGuire's glide slope I also listen to the approach/departure frequency on 124.15.

Go for it. Around here it's not like one is going to fill up the 1800 objects of the working memory. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.