New scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,

I have FINALLY entered the digital world :D. Got me a pro-2096 today and I am wowed at how good this thing sounds on KSP. Just wondered if there are any must monitor frequencies in this area anyone would like to recommend? I did just fill the scanner up with everything pretty much around me, but I would welcome anyone who would like a look at my P96 file to let me know anything I may miss.

I'm still not real sure on how far I can pick up. I do have a ratshack "sputnik" that I have set up here next to my window on a second floor of a wood framed vinyl sided house (antenna does pretty darn good).

Just excited I suppose had to share it :D

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Cool!!! Welcome to digital.... you have a bunch around you that you might be able to hear.... especially if your ears are good.... there are a couple of unidentified Federal Systems nearby, 8D19 and B12F... there is a Federal Prison in Clay County that has a TRS needing some work as well... you might be able to hear from Manchester.... and another Federal Prison, USP McCreary, at Pine Knott (possibly one of the Unidentified Federal TRS listings we have in the data base). You can also receive air band stuff pretty well, you are close enough to KTYS (Knoxville) that youcan hear traffic from aircraft on the way there and other places... I can send you some of my files if you'd like....

There's a bunch in your area... turn your squelch way down and see what you can hear, there's a lot of room in your 2096 for freqs, the search function is awesome and the digital, well, it's digital....

collier

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks unitcharlie!

I remember when I re-entered the scanner hobby you were much help and I thank you for that. If you have anything you would like to send me that would work. I sit right on the tri-county line down here on the laurel county side so I'm pretty central in this area.

I bought airnav decoder and suite not to long ago and do some acars stuff here and you are correct, the traffic is pretty much non stop.

I would be more then happy to try and hear stuff down here. Just send me what you would like and I will work it :D

Thanks again!

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Just programmed in the frequencies you gave and have the squelch wide open and it is scanning. If anything comes of it I will post it.

I also noticed that the areas around here not to long ago purchased a bunch of 800mhz frequencies. Is there a change coming to this are for a trunked system or something? I ran a 800mhz search for around a hour and it turned up nothing?

I'll keep posted :D.

unitcharlie

a Kentucky DB Admin...
Premium Subscriber
Most of the 800 meg stuff is for Mobile Data Computers for police and fire agencies... The terrain is too rough for a trunked system to work well.... most of the public service folks will be on either 150 or 450 because of those hills.... when I can this evening or tomorrow I will send you some stuff from down your way.....
Good luck, and welcome back!

cbrrider06

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys haven't posted anything in a while but charlie I live in barbourville send me a few files that you have for the Barbourville area. I also have a pro 2096.

Status
Not open for further replies.