New Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybob12

Hello all. I am looking for a new scanner to to listen to the state 800mhz. I live in the Tulsa metro area and would like to hear Tulsa Fire & PD and surrounding areas on the system. Any help/advice as to which scanner or where to purchase it would be great. Many thanks in advance.

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
Well two ways you can go, used off of ebay or other source or new from a dealer. The first option can be anywhere from 200-400$ depending on what you get, the latter can run from 250-500$. As for used I would like to recommend some Uniden Models (keeping in mind that Uniden allows monitoring of Private Calls and most RS scanners don't) the first being a BC796D and the second being a BCD996T. New I would recommend a Grecom PSR-600 or a BCD996XT, the Grecom supports Multi-Site trunking a big plus with the State System and being Mobile. What this means is once you lock onto an ID the radio will stay with it, changing towers to maintain the hold where as other require you to switch sites. These recommendation are all Base/Mobile units and Hand held units can be had for a little less but you have to deal with batteries.

If you would like to see something in action before you make a purchase, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.