New Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bud11_19

My sister n law wants to buy her first home scanner. Few years ago I bought the radio shack Pro-2096 and now they don't carry that one anymore. I liked this scanner because I could use radio reference web site and software Win97 and easily program this scanner using my computer with a patch cable.

I would like to purchase another scanner like this that would allow me to program it the same way using my computer. It sure makes it easy to program and allows me to pull up my county and select what I want to listen to and upload it to my scanner.

Does radio shack carry a scanner like the Pro 2096 that would allow me to program it the same way I do my Pro 2096 ?

N1BHH

You may find that elusive leftover Pro-197 hanging out at your local store, but you'll have to get a Uniden, as the Pro-197 is no longer manufactured. You might find some on ebay but you'll probably pay a higher price, since many people are auctioning them for as much as they can get. Just go to the Radio Shack website and take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.