New scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

vet56

I can't pick up any transmissions from San Francisco Police or Fire. I am getting all the counties around SF. Are SF's frequencies different.

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
Other than to say "Yes, they are different" I suggest providing a little more information such as what kind of scanner, where you are located, etc. if you want more detailed assistance. There are plenty of helpful folks here.

markclark

Premium Subscriber
Go to the thread directly below this thread and ask the guys what radios they're using for San Francisco.

vet56

Thanks Mark, I went to that thread but when I try to post it kicks me back to the original post. I'm probably doing something wrong.

Eng74

San Francisco’s system doesn’t go too far outside of the city. I am sure the P25 digital system is the same way. I know on the old analog system I could pick it up a little bit at my friends apartment in Foster City since she was on the 2nd floor. That was with a PSR-600 with the stock antenna. From your other post you are using a 436HP and I am guessing the stock antenna. I would upgrade to the Remtronix REM-842S or REM-810S.they will be much better than the stock antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.