New ScannerCast Broadcast Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

utlchris

Installed the new ScannerCast Broadcast Client offered up by RR and was an easy install and back up and running in about 15 minutes. Real simple to broadcast your alpha tags too with the Uniden BCD396t, BCD396xt, BCD996t, BCD996xt, BCT-15, BCT-15x, GRE PSR-500, PSR-600 or Radio Shack PRO-197, PRO-106. I left my tags set to talk group only as the system information was just too much and the group would not show up on a short broadcast. I am also able to run multiple instances of it on the same machine. You just need to have the program installed to separate folders. You can also set the program to start back up let's say after one of those pesky Microsoft updates. Thus far I am happy with the program and the options it offers and am looking forward to what else it might bring in the future.

ErikB

Feed Provider
Thanks for the report, I was wondering how the new software would go over. I guess I will have to switch one of these evenings.

utlchris

I might add if one should decide to use it for more than one feed on the same machine is to unzip the program into separate folders. I.E. unzip it one time into a "Fire" folder and another time into a "Police" folder.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Glad to hear it. I was going to use this rather than OddCast for the newest Colorado feed, that is of course after I figure out my mystery "doppelganger" audio issue :wink:

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
I have also had good results with it, having switched to ScannerCast a couple of days ago. The only feature I miss from OddCast is the VU meter, and I understand that that will be included in a later version.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the report, I was wondering how the new software would go over. I guess I will have to switch one of these evenings.

Erik, do you host a feed? If so wonder why your not listed as a audio feed provider?

Jim<

Last edited:

luke-1

I switched the Aurora feed a couple days ago.

I had to adjust the volume levels a bit, but other than that, very easy transition.

Like the "advanced "tab Scanner cast operation options a lot.

utlchris

For those that have upgraded to ScannerCast might I ask if you can turn on Broadcast Alpha Tags? If one listens to you’re feed using ITunes or Winamp, they then are able to see the Talk Group that is active. I set mine to talk group only as it simplified the information and did not cut off the talk group following "COLORADO STATE DTRS" etc etc. The following scanners are supported.

Uniden BCD396t, BCD396xt, BCD996t, BCD996xt, BCT-15, BCT-15x, GRE PSR-500, PSR-600 or Radio Shack PRO-197, PRO-106.

If there is something that prevents you from doing so I apologize in advance. Just thought it would be very useful information for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.