New scanners coming in December?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasejoSK

Hello everyone, greetings from Europe, Slovakia.

I'm new to the area of scanners, not owning single one yet. Finally, decided to buy one a few months ago so done quite a lot of research about scanners and radio systems and so on. There are not many digital networks in my area to listen to apart from a few DMR systems, so I think for the very first scanner analog with basic trunking support should do it. I've been advised by local experienced HAM operator to definitely look for one from Uniden, especially to go for UBC3500XLT which is (as I found) European version of BR330T and is good value for its capabilities.
So at last I contacted local seller for UBC3500XLT and I've been told that this model won't be re-stocked anymore as Uniden is about to introduce new model in the early beginnig of December. The new "low-entry" model is supposed to have model number 3600 (but not confirmed yet) so I searched over web and didn't find a single clue about new scanners coming out apart from some DMR (and other) updates for present x36HP scanners.
Does anybody know anything more about what's to come?
Thank you for your answers in advance.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello everyone, greetings from Europe, Slovakia.

I'm new to the area of scanners, not owning single one yet. Finally, decided to buy one a few months ago so done quite a lot of research about scanners and radio systems and so on. There are not many digital networks in my area to listen to apart from a few DMR systems, so I think for the very first scanner analog with basic trunking support should do it. I've been advised by local experienced HAM operator to definitely look for one from Uniden, especially to go for UBC3500XLT which is (as I found) European version of BR330T and is good value for its capabilities.
So at last I contacted local seller for UBC3500XLT and I've been told that this model won't be re-stocked anymore as Uniden is about to introduce new model in the early beginnig of December. The new "low-entry" model is supposed to have model number 3600 (but not confirmed yet) so I searched over web and didn't find a single clue about new scanners coming out apart from some DMR (and other) updates for present x36HP scanners.
Does anybody know anything more about what's to come?
Thank you for your answers in advance.

Uniden is the only one who would know for sure about upcoming releases, and they have not announced anything. Any other sources would be strictly rumors, guesses, or wishful thinking.

sprite1741

Now is the time to buy. I wouldn't wait for something new. Black Friday specials may be interesting. I haven't heard of anything new.

CanesFan95

Even if any new scanners came out, you still have to wait a year before buying so they can fix all the bugs while everyone ships their new scanners back and forth for repairs. It's been everything from keypad ink wearing off to backlights going dim. Wait a year before you buy.

And then there's the issue of proper P25 decoding simulcast.

Nasby

Highly doubt there will be any new scanners on the market this year.

They likely would have already been advertised and ready for release at this time of year when shopping and spending is at an all time high and profits can be maximized.

I think the best we can look forward to is a NXDN upgrade. Which ain't all that bad.

allend

Premium Subscriber
NXDN will be a great new feature to add to the tool shed for the holidays. It's another modulation that we have all been waiting for. Just not sure how much Uniden is going to charge for it.

CanesFan95

Until someone comes out with a scanner that can properly decode P25 simulcast audio, it makes no difference what new scanners they come out with.

TDR-94

Not every system uses linear simulcast.It's popular because it reduces the total amount of frequencies required to cover a geographical location in comparison to multicast and supposedly lowers the cost .

N0BDW

Until someone comes out with a scanner that can properly decode P25 simulcast audio, it makes no difference what new scanners they come out with.

This.

I'm extremely frustrated with the performance (or lack thereof) in today's scanners with regard to P25 simulcast. I bought two BCD536HPs expecting to be able to listen to our new system with it and it can't get a lock on the control channel unless I'm literally sitting in front of one of the towers.

So now I've gotta spend more money on a directional antenna and mounting and cross my fingers that'll work.

N0BDW

If you are that close then less antenna is better. I have never had this problem but you may seeing frontend overload

My point was that it only works if I'm at one of the tower sites, not that it doesn't work there.

The problem is that I have strong signal from multiple towers both from the fire hall and my house (where the two 536s are).

Status
Not open for further replies.