New, scanning for fun, Marion County, Oregon need scanner advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

nataliej

I just started looking at info online about scanning and scanners and frequencies and all of that hub bub.

I don't think i completely understand all of it, and yes if there is information for me to read, I have probably read it. I have been diligently researching for several days now but I still don't know what to get or what i need. I looked on the database but i still can't figure out what kind of scanner i need.

I am looking for something really cheap, as i am broke, but it needs to be able to listen to the marion county so, pd, and salem police. Oregon any advice?

Do i need digital or conventional?

Trunking or no?

I want a handheld device, lol that is the only thing i do know for sure in this buying decision.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Natalie, looking at the database entry, it seems Marion county's systems are all analog, so one of the newer analog handhelds would be right up your alley.

I would jump down to the Oregon forum and see if someone there can point you in the right direction; alternately there's a very active Yahoo scanning group for the Pacific NW, and they too can be a source of info. By the way, all links are in blue...

nwscan : NorthWest SCANner enthusiasts

73 (best regards) Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.