(new) Scituate police and fire safety complex

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScannerJon

So I did a quick search on Scituate and didn't come up with anything recent.

I made an idiot move and drove away with my Pro-95 on the back of my truck. We were railfan-ing in PA so it's time for a new handheld.

Wondering if anyone knows if SPD/SFD upgraded their system since the new safety complex went in. RR website says type RM still but I can't figure out what that means and the new complex is only a few months old so not sure it's accurate.

Thanks in advance!
Jon

jmorrissey23

Premium Subscriber

I made an idiot move and drove away with my Pro-95 on the back of my truck. We were railfan-ing in PA so it's time for a new handheld.

Wondering if anyone knows if SPD/SFD upgraded their system since the new safety complex went in. RR website says type RM still but I can't figure out what that means and the new complex is only a few months old so not sure it's accurate.

Thanks in advance!
Jon

Scituate Police and Fire both primarily operate on UHF analog conventional frequencies, which any scanner you buy should be able to pick up. Fire does have a dual mode system that allows some P25 digital audio, so if possible I would recommend buying a scanner that is P25 capable.

ScannerJon

Scituate Police and Fire both primarily operate on UHF analog conventional frequencies, which any scanner you buy should be able to pick up. Fire does have a dual mode system that allows some P25 digital audio, so if possible I would recommend buying a scanner that is P25 capable.
Ok thanks. Yea I did notice the SFD Simulcast too...

ecps92

Scituate police, fire settle into new home - News - Wicked Local - Boston, MA
Moved in this past spring. No Frequency changes, likely new Consoles but the Freq/Tones etc are still acurater

RM = Repeater / Mobiles
Repeater and Users can also go simplex based on the FCC license. Whether they do have that capability is up in the Air.

some agencies have added P25 capability in the recent months

Thanks in advance!
Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.