New sd card for 536

Status
Not open for further replies.

STICKY1

Is there a link for installing firmware to a new sd card for the 536 I want to use sentinel to upload new stuff to it . Thanks

joeuser

The Wretched
If I understand you correctly, just format the card and put it in the radio & run sentinel. You'll want to write full database, etc. I can't recall the formatting program but the URL is in the manual.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
After you have formatted your new SD card, install it in the scanner and start Sentinel.

Then go to Scanner (top row), go down to Clear User Data and click OK. This will install the needed files on the new SD card. After doing so, you'll need to write the profile and any Favorites Lists to the scanner, along with updating the master database.

STICKY1

I formatted the sd card from the computer so when I hooked up the 536 with the sd card in it it gave me a error message ??

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Did you use the SD Formatter Utility?

What exactly did the error message say and when did it occur?

Did you click the "Display All Drives" box in the Clear User Data window?

STICKY1

Yes it did say f drive when I clicked on box and I got all data in you scanner will be erased ??? The card is formatted should I erase scanner info and start over

joeuser

The Wretched
You cannot format it by Windows. You must download the SD formatter we told you about posts ago. Once you have formatted it, put it in the radio. The radio might give an error - ignore it. Plug radio into USB port. Set it to mass storage, not serial. Run Sentinel, update the database. Then write new database & your favorites list to the radio. When done be sure to remove the device from the windows computer using the USB tray control. Once its removed from windows you can unplug it from the computer. If you do not remove the USB device properly, from windows you risk getting corruption & having issues all over again. You cannot simply unplug the USB unless you are in serial mode.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Yes it did say f drive when I clicked on box and I got all data in you scanner will be erased ??? The card is formatted should I erase scanner info and start over

Yes, erase the scanner info. What I believe that does is remove any recordings, Favorites Lists, etc. that might be on the card. Since a re-formatted card doesn't have such things, it's kind of moot. Still it is something done when you click the Clear User Data.

After the recordings, Favorites List, etc. are removed, the next thing done during the Clear User Data process is that the correct files are installed on the SD card. This is done by the program - no special steps are needed by the user.

Following that, write your profile and Favorites Lists to the scanner.

Sometimes folks try to "over think" what is going on when they are doing something to the scanner via Sentinel. They just need to sit back and let the program do its thing - it's a lot simpler than it might appear to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.