SDS100/SDS200: New SDS 100 Powers Off Randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

mas90guru

Premium Subscriber
I just ordered an SDS 100 from Bearcat Warehouse. Received it yesterday.
I'm fully charged ( 4.00 v ) and through this morning the unit randomly powered completely off three times

I can bring it back on by using the power button but I'm concerned about whether I've received a defect.

Is there anything else I can attempt to resolve this?

Firmware is listed as 1.10.00 // Sub 1.02.01

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Does the battery door seem to apply decent pressure to hold the battery firmly against the contacts in the battery compartment?

The full charge voltage should show 4.21 volts on the SDS100 display if you have your display settings set to show the true batt voltage.

mas90guru

Premium Subscriber
Everything seems snug. I'm not plugged into USB at the moment and everything has been stable for the past two hours. I''m wondering if there's something loose somewhere.

RadioSc

Doesn't play well with others
What's the return policy at BearCat warehouse? Sending it off to Uniden your waiting return window is about 2 weeks.

palmerjrusa

My SDS100 has never done this and I've one of the early units that came with the smaller battery.

It sounds defective out of the box.

Don't send it back to Uniden for repair, get Bearcat Warehouse to replace it.

palmerjrusa

I confirmed that the Auto Shutoff is set to Off
[/QUOTE

Even if you've set the SDS100's timer to shut-off after "X" time, whenever the SDS100 powers down it defaults to the "auto shut-off" setting (which I find annoying, wish it stayed at the shut-off value I programmed).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Card issues can also cause random reboot or shutdown. Try a different card before returning/exchanging the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.