New SDS100 do I need all sites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all. I just got an SDS100. I've programmed in AlabasterPD and Fire since I live in Alabaster. When I did this through Sentinel I ended up with all of the sites that the AFRN has. This caused it to scan all of them. I've removed all but the closest site. Is there an issue in doing this?
Thanks

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Hey all. I just got an SDS100. I've programmed in AlabasterPD and Fire since I live in Alabaster. When I did this through Sentinel I ended up with all of the sites that the AFRN has. This caused it to scan all of them. I've removed all but the closest site. Is there an issue in doing this?
Thanks
Only better reception, I have a few in but on "permanent avoid" so if I travel locally, I can easily turn on the site I may need, but sitting home like I am, only ONE for me.
Scan On!

Only better reception, I have a few in but on "permanent avoid" so if I travel locally, I can easily turn on the site I may need, but sitting home like I am, only ONE for me.
Scan On!
Oh that makes sense. Wasn't thinking about traveling. I was thinking I would be close enough, but yeah I may add some other local ones and just avoid until needed.
So far loving being able to scan again. It's been year and never really had a good scanner. This one is so clear.
Thank you.

JohnnyGent

Banned
Banned
Oh that makes sense. Wasn't thinking about traveling. I was thinking I would be close enough, but yeah I may add some other local ones and just avoid until needed.
So far loving being able to scan again. It's been year and never really had a good scanner. This one is so clear.
Thank you.
I love my SDS100, and my BCD436, never would buy anything but Uniden. Your welcome, hope it works for you. I don't go more than 30 miles from home, so I think I have 5 sites programmed, but all but ONE is on permanent avoid, but easy to change by keypad on the move or other location WHITHOUT computer, that's why I keep em there in the system, I don't always have Sentinel with me,
Scan On!

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Turn on location control in your favorite list, and the scanner won't try to scan every site in the state.

Status
Not open for further replies.