SDS100/SDS200: New SDS100 not receiving anything in the P25 system. Simulcast?

smcmoran

Read a lot about the simulcast and not receiving anything with the 436 and 536 scanners. I had a home patrol1 that suddenly stopped having any reception. so I recently purchased a 436 to see if that would receive the traffic and after reading the posts traded up to the SDS100. I am trying to pull in Burlington County Public Safety in NJ, nothing. Updated the firmware, still nothing. Is there anyway to receive the police and fire on the simulcast trunks? or am I returning another scanner? Do i need one of the optional upgrades for the SDS or am I just sinking money into a lost cause?

Any help is greatly appreciated

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
First off, what is it your looking to listen to? All law is encrypted. How are you trying to scan ? From the database or from a favorites list?

baker50021

As dave3285 has alreary stated all of the Law Enforcement is encrypted and there is nothing you can do to get those channels, having said that you should be hearing the rest of the stuff listed. If not the first thing to check is to turn on the respective service types. Note: Uniden calls them Service Types Radio Reference calls them Tags. If you still have problems with the SDS tell us a little more how you set it up, did you take it out of the box and just put in a ZIP code location to start scanning or did you create a favorites list and scan from it? The optional upgrades are for specific systems and wont help what you are trying to scan.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
While you may be out of luck on law enforcement, it appears fire is not encrypted.

Assuming you are in range, I would think you should receive simulcast with the SDS scanner. I'd be sure you are using the correct zip code. Then turn on the full database. Scanning via full database should demonstrate you can receive the system. From there you can fine tune with Favorites List creation.

Also, be sure the desired Service Types are turned on.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Mode "TE" talkgroups are encrypted on the system. Make sure the proper service types are turned on for the mode "T" talkgroups in the clear. I monitor Burlington County from time to time & hear regular Fire & EMS chatter. Welcome to the RR forums

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Mode "TE" talkgroups are encrypted on the system. Make sure the proper service types are turned on for the mode "T" talkgroups in the clear. I monitor Burlington County from time to time & hear regular Fire & EMS chatter. Welcome to the RR forums
Hopefully after a year the OP has this figured out. :p