ProScan: New SDS200 and ProScan User - Question about Web Server Passwords

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottPDX

Premium Subscriber
Hello all,
I have successfully configured and used RadioFeed extensively in the past with a RS PRO-668 (metadata served) and RS PRO-95 (metadata not served), but sold those scanners a year ago and left the hobby due to my central Portland Oregon location and all the trouble with P25 Phase II LSM Simulcast distortion. I purchased a Unication G4 after those and liked it's reception ability, but didn't like it's limitations because of it being meant to be used as a pager type device for a different professional demographic and use.

Well, this past weekend I decided to buy my first Uniden and it is an SDS200. So using my experience with RadioFeed, I downloaded ProScan because of all the additional capabilities that ProScan can do with this Uniden SDS200. And guess what, in my city location, this SDS200 works great and I have yet to encounter any LSM Simulcast distortion. Yay!

So my question is this: I did read the ProScan manual, and just want to ensure my understanding. If I don't set any web server passwords for "Server Audio Stream", "Server Scanner Monitor Mode", "Serve Scanner Control Mode", "Server Folders & Files", and "Super User - Server All", I am secure in letting anyone connect to the web server and those that connect will have no ability to change or control anything remotely on the scanner?

And if I want to make "Server Scanner Control Mode" available just to me for making changes to the scanner remotely, I just need to set a password just in the "Server Scanner Control Mode" field, and I don't have to put any other passwords in any of the other aforementioned other fields? Then I can use the ProScan web server login field and login to give myself, but no one else, control mode capabilities?

Bob, ProScan (and RadioFeed) are incredible and amazing applications. Thanks for creating them and continuing to maintain/support them. I'm sure that once I've tried out RSOIP for my first time, you will see my licensing money before this 30 day trial period runs out.

Thanks to all,
ScottPDX

Status
Not open for further replies.