New SDS200 showed up today....

Status
Not open for further replies.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Geez, I was going to say, did it just show up at your door or did you actually buy it? I would love another sds200 just showing up at my door. Remember me, I was part of your last thread.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Main Trading Company in Paris Texas. Congratulations!

PS... I'm glad you did not buy another refurbished radio from zip scanners, I was little worried there for you for a while lol.

togo54

Premium Subscriber
Geez, I was going to say, did it just show up at your door or did you actually buy it? I would love another sds200 just showing up at my door. Remember me, I was part of your last thread.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Main Trading Company in Paris Texas. Congratulations!

PS... I'm glad you did not buy another refurbished radio from zip scanners, I was little worried there for you for a while lol.
In all fairness, I think Zip sent me a brand new scanner to replace the screwed up scanner that they originally sold me. Just to shut me up :) It worked :)

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
When you get a chance send me the serial number from your new 536 and I'll tell you when it was made.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
You only need to send 5 numbers... 2016.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
I'm curious, you did get that off the back of the radio correct. It is missing the Z which would indicate it is a scanner. Make sure this is not the ESN that you register on my Uniden with the sum check number. That would be found in the radio under scanner information. You want to give me the number that's on the back of your radio.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Are you sure that the fourth number you recorded as a 2 is not a z?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'm curious, you did get that off the back of the radio correct. It is missing the Z which would indicate it is a scanner. Make sure this is not the ESN that you register on my Uniden with the sum check number. That would be found in the radio under scanner information. You want to give me the number that's on the back of your radio.
375260080009 is his ESN from the scanner's menu...

375Z080009 would be his SN on the rear label. The number after the Z is the date code, in this case the "0" = 2020 as werinshades mentioned above.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Okay the number the poster gave was 375260080009, assuming the fourth character is a Z and not a 2 then 5th number is a 6. What am I missing? I did indicate I wanted the number on the back of the radio not the ESN number with the sum check number.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
We have not gotten clarification from the poster. If this is indeed the ESN number which I did ask if it was or not then it would be 2020. See my post number 9.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Original poster... If this is the ESN number found in scanner information then this is the eighth radio produced in the year 2020 in Vietnam. The 5th number on the back of your set is a 0 indicating 2020, the 6th number is a 8 which is the code for Vietnam, 0009 is the production number. That number starts new at 0 each year. Sorry I should have indicated I wanted the serial number on the back of the radio. It would have saved a lot of back and forth. That's why I didn't see the Z. It did appear to be an ESN to me and that's why I asked. Thanks everybody for the clarification, more trouble than it was worth LOL.

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Okay the number the poster gave was 375260080009, assuming the fourth character is a Z and not a 2 then 5th number is a 6. What am I missing? I did indicate I wanted the number on the back of the radio not the ESN number with the sum check number.
260 in the ESN is replaced by the Z for the SN.

Last edited:

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yes thanks, I don't know if you saw my above post 15. I've only been able to interpret serial numbers on the back of the set, never use ESN numbers to get information, I think you will agree my post number 15 is accurate now. I knew the original number he gave didn't look right and suspected it was the ESN.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yep it's all straightened out now. It was the ESN number that you gave me from scanner information in the radio. I was looking for the serial number on the back of the radio. Folks here translated it to the number I was looking for.

The 5th number on the back of your set is a 0, this indicates your radio was made in 2020. The sixth number on the back of your set is an eight which indicates it was made in Vietnam. The last numbers on the back of your set 0009 indicate it was the 9th radio made in 2020. That number starts at zero every year. So your radio wasn't made last week but it is a new radio. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.