New Shack Finally Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
New Shack in Ohio took a long time to complete, but it is now basically finished. As you can see, I share space with my music studio (I am also a professional bassist) in a small spare bedroom. There is a nook in the room to accommodate a bed, which I used for a radio station. I built the desk with 2X12s and stout fence post legs, the L-shaped desk supported also by 2x4 furring strips drilled into the studs. Very sturdy and strong. I used the plans I found online for a tool bench and it worked well. The equipment listed in my signature is what is there at the moment. I hope to add another 2m/hf transceiver which is smaller and more of a field day portable setup. I have an older military foldup dipole which works great for a situation like that.

Here is the shack, before and after, and the outside antennas and the feed system I used. Gray feed thru wall box was under $20 and a great suggestion by another ham. All feed lines went in thru there, where I placed a sleeve coupler on the inside wall so it looks nice and professional. No nails or screws, will use Liquid Nails to attach it to the house. Fill any gaps with steel wool. Not finished with that because I have yet to put up the Cushcraft AR270 antenna you see pictured outside by the feedbox. Then I will seal it all up.

For the space I have, it works for me. Thanks for looking!

73s!

JD
kf4anc

PS: It only allowed five files, so I will post a (continued) post after this

Attachments

• L2.jpg
    L2.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 2,218
  • Lun.jpg
    Lun.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2,229
  • nd2on.jpg
    nd2on.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 2,222
  • scann1.jpg
    scann1.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 2,230
  • HFs1.jpg
    HFs1.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 2,227

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Continued

Antennas and the other half of the radio room

Attachments

• HTs.jpg
    HTs.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,159
  • antenna1_.jpg
    antenna1_.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2,145
  • feedbox.jpg
    feedbox.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 2,156
  • guitasrstudio1_.jpg
    guitasrstudio1_.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 2,153

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Computer glitch here, hope this doesn't post twice -

15plus1 - I ordered the masts from my local Ace Hardware store online for store pickup ($11 apiece) and the wall mounting brackets from B&H Photo. Bottom mast is sunk 18" into the ground for added support

FedFyrGuy - It actually is only set up for one frequency - 154.400 - which is my local conventional simulcast fire/rescue callout...nice to see it lit up and stopping on the signal with the other scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.