New "sightings" on the Plattsmouth tower

Status
Not open for further replies.

topnik

Darn you autovon...

Heard today. Some are already ID'd in the RR Database. My notes next to the unid TGs. There are some I didn't list, but some of those are already covered in the above posts.

3530 Norfolk Disp
3531 DCC?
3553 AWEF TG related to emergency alarm test

You beat me to it...arrgghh!!! :)

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
on the Plattsmouth Twr...

unit 212 (RID 40521) calling Norfolk on TGID 3530 and what sounded like 'Darlington' Control on TGID 3531 IRT testing Emergency function on the 'AWEF' talkgroup.

TG 3553 came active with a UI femop calling TOC and TOC ackd the Emergency. Then TOC came back up on TG 3564 saying they were having problems clearing the Emergency.

I'm gathering this TG 3553 is the 'AWEF' talkgroup. Have no idea what 'AWEF' means, and I'll have to dig back through my log files to find the other associated RIDs for this...

Thought it was interesting...

73!

Hey, guys!

Glad you were able to catch the full exchange during the Plattsmouth training session, as I was running down the road and couldn't take notes!

What scribbles I did take included:

3530 Norfolk Dispatch
3531 ?? Couldn't catch that one
3553 AWEF talkgroup, whatever "AWEF" means

Good job! Be sure to submit any TGs that you're sure of to Cellphone via the Submit button!

topnik

K, so does anybody know what this 'AWEF' TG is?

Hey, guys!

Glad you were able to catch the full exchange during the Plattsmouth training session, as I was running down the road and couldn't take notes!

What scribbles I did take included:

3530 Norfolk Dispatch
3531 ?? Couldn't catch that one
3553 AWEF talkgroup, whatever "AWEF" means

Good job! Be sure to submit any TGs that you're sure of to Cellphone via the Submit button!

...and real, I'll submit when I'm darned good and ready...or not until you beat me to it! :)

Although, now I think autovon and I are going to be competing...I have a sneaking suspicion that he's closer to the site than I am, so the RF gets to him about a minute before it gets to me... ;-)

PAX my brothers!

topnik

This 646 TGID has gotten me thinking...

Cool! You're welcome!

Yeah - 3106 is NSP Lincoln Dispatch, while 3564, I believe, is the NWIN Technical Operations Center.

646 makes me think of the same-numbered TGID on the Douglas County system, which is also full-time encrypted! I've never heard what this TGID is, but if it's encrypted, it's one of those "don't ask" TGIDs!

73!!

Scary for everybody, I'm sure, but have you seen the RIDs associated with this TG?

800024, 800027, probably others, but those RID seem kinda strange compared with the others...maybe my readout is wonky, but, umm...thoughts?

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
...and real, I'll submit when I'm darned good and ready...or not until you beat me to it! :)

Although, now I think autovon and I are going to be competing...I have a sneaking suspicion that he's closer to the site than I am, so the RF gets to him about a minute before it gets to me... ;-)

PAX my brothers!

That is TOO funny! LMFAO! :*)

That's what makes this hobby GREAT - friendly competition, collection of info, and advancement of knowledge!

73 guys!

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Scary for everybody, I'm sure, but have you seen the RIDs associated with this TG?

800024, 800027, probably others, but those RID seem kinda strange compared with the others...maybe my readout is wonky, but, umm...thoughts?

Hey, Top...

Looks like those are probably inline with RID 800018 which I had caught on the same TG in the "early hours" of this tower's lifetime.

We know that 646, and others in that general area, are full-time encrypted on the ORION system, which means that they're super-sensitive.

Were you listening when 646 came up, and was it encrypted? If so, it might be interesting to see if the ORION 646 is active at the same time this one is.

realgeo

Premium Subscriber
Here is a guess for AWEF.
Ainsworth Wind Energy Farm

Hummm... well, that acronym definitely fits, but why would they be doing an emergency test on that TGID? Because it's not being used, perhaps?

When I heard that and the way that "212" was specially emphasizing it, it made me think that this was an NPPD-wide TGID, like one of the many "Common" TGIDs on ORION.

Who knows!

autovon

Ø
Hummm... well, that acronym definitely fits, but why would they be doing an emergency test on that TGID? Because it's not being used, perhaps?

When I heard that and the way that "212" was specially emphasizing it, it made me think that this was an NPPD-wide TGID, like one of the many "Common" TGIDs on ORION.

Who knows!

Yep, it was just a stab in the dark. I googled NPPD and AWEF and that's what showed up. HA!
Anyways, it's fun having a P25 system close by with some traffic (other than ORION). Might have to get another digital scanner. Uh ohhh...

topnik

Yeah, I was listening...and...guess what...

Hey, Top...

Looks like those are probably inline with RID 800018 which I had caught on the same TG in the "early hours" of this tower's lifetime.

We know that 646, and others in that general area, are full-time encrypted on the ORION system, which means that they're super-sensitive.

Were you listening when 646 came up, and was it encrypted? If so, it might be interesting to see if the ORION 646 is active at the same time this one is.

...wait for it...

It was encrypted...I don't have a scanner on ORION, but I just might fire one up to see what happens...I just thought those 6 digit RIDs were kind of strange...maybe this weekend...if I don't have to work...

topnik

haven't really dug through the NWIN posts too much...but...

...have looked in the wiki and what have you...anyone keeping track of RID and trying to identify them? I think on this NWIN system that the RID are going to be pretty indicative of who's who...should there be a wiki for RID on this system? Might be pretty difficult to keep track of, but I was just wondering...

SCPD

QRT
Notice since the Omaha tower went live the signal strength from the Plattsmouth tower has dropped. Used to get full scale now only get it at an S2. Wondering if they turned the power down since Omaha and Cedar Bluffs came on line.

topnik

I've found sort of the opposite...

Notice since the Omaha tower went live the signal strength from the Plattsmouth tower has dropped. Used to get full scale now only get it at an S2. Wondering if they turned the power down since Omaha and Cedar Bluffs came on line.

Of course, I'm down by autovon, but with D-130Js and various other antennae, I can't get reliable deocde with Pro96, nor can I get good tracking on any of my scanners with the Omaha tower...

I'll see full strength on the scanners, but Pro96 will swing wildly between 20-100+ per cent decode...then it will stop decoding. I'll roll off the CC and back to it, and the decode starts again just as right as rain...but this cycle keeps on going over and over again, it's gotten so bad that I have stopped monitoring for a bit. Never heard any voice, but I saw some voice grants...I can roll over to the Plattsmouth tower and have it 5 by.

I'm guessing it's a testing, pattern thing, and I might have to move an antenna or two. I really want to get reliable copy on the Omaha tower.

topnik

Hey, Cell...

I have added the known radio IDs to the N-WIN Wiki. Please update if there are any changes or additions.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Nebraska_Wireless_Interoperable_Network_(N-WIN)

I tried this link but it shows that there is nothing on the page...it's titled as NWIN, but jo joy on any lists or files...maybe I'm missing something...

errr...sorry...the link goes to an empty page but if I click on the 'search for this page title' link I find it...

Thanks man!

Status
Not open for further replies.