New Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve

For the past several days I have been receiving a fairly strong signal on 858.6875 here in East Central AL (Tallapoosa Co). The signal is an EDACS control channel, LCN 3. This info was learned from using Wtrunker384a3 (etrunk). The frequency shows to be licensed to Nextel in several AL locations.

And to further confuse things, the Mt. Cheaha (Jacksonville) site of the State of Alabama EDACS system went silent (again) at the same time as this new signal appeared. So questions abound reference this new signal. Since the Mt. Cheaha site has never been used a lot, it may take awhile to learn what is happening or has happened.

So anyone on the East Central side of the State, keep your ears and radios listening out for some changes.

Steve
KD4LCY
:confused:

jerk

Steve said:
For the past several days I have been receiving a fairly strong signal on 858.6875 here in East Central AL (Tallapoosa Co). The signal is an EDACS control channel, LCN 3. This info was learned from using Wtrunker384a3 (etrunk). The frequency shows to be licensed to Nextel in several AL locations.

And to further confuse things, the Mt. Cheaha (Jacksonville) site of the State of Alabama EDACS system went silent (again) at the same time as this new signal appeared. So questions abound reference this new signal. Since the Mt. Cheaha site has never been used a lot, it may take awhile to learn what is happening or has happened.

So anyone on the East Central side of the State, keep your ears and radios listening out for some changes.
Steve
KD4LCY
:confused:
Rebanding? I know in my State Indiana, they have a new frequency, when I look it up in the database, it shows both Nextel and New Albany as having the frequency. But it now has a YE designation meaning rebanded.

Perhaps this is the case.
AL

Steve

Well tonight the control channel (EDACS) on 858.6875 has disappeared and the control channel (EDACS) on 856.7125 has reappeared. I wonder if the 858.6875 signal was a boo boo? Strange but after 16 years with the State of Alabama, nothing would surprise me.

Steve
KD4LCY

Status
Not open for further replies.